Bartender's Challenge

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
http://www.wagenschenke.ch/HomeRun.swf

Here's what I managed before getting fed up with it:

Walk.jpg

Handruin

Administrator
I just say I commend you on that score. I don't even want to show how poor I did at the game before getting too frustrated. :) (73 was my highest)

Groltz

Edit: First post's screenshot updated with improved score. (Old one was 103)

Really need to quit now. :drunk:

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Handruin said:
I just say I commend you on that score. I don't even want to show how poor I did at the game before getting too frustrated. :) (73 was my highest)

I agree, that score is amazing... I got up to ~76 and started getting ideas about using photoshop...

Handruin

Administrator
I was getting similar ideas, of which none where to accuse you, but just to have some fun since the game is hard. I didn't take blake's comment as an indirect accusation, but hopefully he can clarify.

Groltz

I can see now that I was tired + grouchy when I put that final post up last night.

In any case, it took about 15 additional attempts to get that score. I had only one other one that exceeded the first post's score of 103 and that one was a 150.

The game capitalizes on the player overcompensating their inputs. The only things I noticed were that my best successes were from not giving jerky inputs but instead smooth slides of the mouse. Additionally, I'd try to start steering the guy to the center of the screen as soon as I saw him veer a little bit...Even a tiny bit of lag can lead to the ever-greater inputs to get him centered again.

FWIW, only on the rounds I took the screenshots of did I really have good luck. On most of the others I'd routinely crash the guy around 75 meters.

I fully expect that some of the other guys in here will kill my score. I've never been that good at these types of games. Clocker is probably just biding his time until he can put up a screenshot of an 800 or something. :wink:

ddrueding

Fixture
Yeah,me and my laptop's touchpad keep choking at around 75...I think I can do bette with a real mouse. Maybe this game is the excuse I need to buy a MX1000? I wonder if Razor will come out with a "runken man" variant of their product?

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
My first two scores were under 15m. My third was 88 and my fourth was 97. The music is annoying me and I can tell I'm not going to have the patience to do much better.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I don't see anything on my computer. It must be out of date.

Groltz

Howell said:
The music is annoying me and I can tell I'm not going to have the patience to do much better.

I guess I should mention that I played all mine with the sound muted.

Logitech MX510 on a 3M Precise Mousing Surface pad.

Handruin

Administrator
:rotfl: The first time I played I got a 6. I just got a ratpadz and I like it, now I need an Übur mouse...

Groltz

CougTek said:
73 meters and never ask me to do better.

Time to do better Cougtek!

I updated the screenshot in post #1 (and link in post #7) with my updated score. And no, it is not fake.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Groltz said:
CougTek said:
73 meters and never ask me to do better.
Time to do better Cougtek!
You know, "never" is quite a bit more than 10 months.

Tried another 25 times or so and I upgraded my best score to 79 meters. I'm almost as proud as when I won 25 straight freecell games.

The page often hangs for a split second and that's always when the drunken bastard's brother-in-law falls.

Groltz

Concentrate on the pattern the game uses for making the player lose his balance.

Try to correct as soon as possible when he starts to stagger to one side and bring him back to neutral. Reaction time is important.

The other thing is that the game preys on people overcompensating their inputs. Try to stop a correction input as soon as the guy stops leaning to a given side.

It's difficult to explain in words, obviously.

Groltz

Handruin said:
Does the game ever end?

Not that i know of.

I was kind of hoping to get into the 4-digit score range but it is a chore to keep the little guy on track for such a long time.

The game does not get progressively more difficult the farther along you go.

The pattern it uses for throwing your balance off is unpredictable. It seems that it mostly throws small balance disruptions at you for a while followed by a large stagger less frequently...Those large ones end up dropping the player most of the time.