Avant web browser

Handruin

Administrator
Looks good, I might give it a try. I'll check to see if ad-aware comes up with anything even though they claim for this to be freeware. Thanks for the link.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Why would I want a shell for IE? After all, Exploder still lurks underneath ...

The listed features seem to be a ripoff of Opera - I'm guessing that's what they're trying to do.

zx

Learning Storage Performance
The advantage is that you don't have to installer another browser to incorporate these features. So you get the advantages of IE with the features of other browsers.

However, in a corporate environnement, every add-on for IE (ie Hotbar) is a potential danger for web applications.

e_dawg

Storage Freak
myIE2 is the best IE add-on available. It brings the best features of Opera and Mozilla and puts them into IE. It's only ~750 KB, it uses the IE browsing engine for maximum compatibility (try using Moz and Opera on banking or trading sites), and best of all... it's free! myIE2 has been my standard browser for the past 6 months now. I used to use CrazyBrowser, but I really like the inclusion of Opera-like mouse gestures and URL aliasing (*1) features in myIE2.

(*1) - URL aliasing means that you can assign an alias to any boomark or URL. For example, I have www.storageforum.net set to "sf". All I have to do is hit Alt-D, type sf, and hit return. w for weather, g for google, etc. Or, you can use hotkeys if you wish. Assign F12 for google, F9 for storageforum, etc.

Download it from http://www.webattack.com/freeware/misctools/fwbrowser.shtml

The Korean homepage for myIE2 is way too slow.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Mozilla works on my bank's web site. Even online bill payment. Mozilla works on my credit cards' sites.

Mozilla has had bookmark aliasing for a long time as well