Articles

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've been HTML-izing some handy things that can be found on the articles section of this web site.

At the moment, the articles that someone might want to pass around are:

I plan to expand this list with other information, with a focus on home-level computer security and advice about computer hardware in general. I'm going to write up detailed notes for how to use each of the various programs I list in my Anti-Malware guide, for example.

I've found myself posting this same information in a number of online forums because people seem to be asking questions about these issues every single day.

Last edited:

paugie

Storage is cool
yeah, very timely.
the organization which looks to me for tech support has its network crawling with viruses and malware. now it seems I can look as if I know what I'm doing.
thanks much.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Here's an article for working with Avast. In particular, it goes over installation and REGISTRATION, and how to start a boot scan.

I also found out that there are other skins available for it, and not all of them suck as much as the default one.

Handruin

Administrator
uda, if you read Merc's article, you'd understand what Lunar was referring to.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
:rofl: I can imagine the Uda response. It was just a typo, which is unusual for Merc.

paugie

Storage is cool
I just have to express my appreciation for the very well written (easy to follow) article on malware removal. I have used it to clean up 4 PCs. Beats reformatting any time. (oops did I just admit to that?)

And that advert article, great, too!

eh, I have been using Avast for more than a year now (my original free licences have already expired). But I'd like a recommendation for a good free (cheapskate me) firewall. I use Commodo now but I have no idea if it is effective or not. How does one know?