Anyone else seen this?

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Impressive, Bill. You'd really want to stick with the Firewire interface on that baby.

What's your application?

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
last time I checked it was only win2k/XP... im glad they have other drivers available, however it still seems like you must install a driver even for 100baseT network mode (this is after reading 4 reviews).

It doesnt show up in network neighborhood, instead using a virtual SCSI controller to show up as a local disk.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
time said:
Impressive, Bill. You'd really want to stick with the Firewire interface on that baby.

What's your application?

I do a lot of video capturing and editing. Right now I use a 200GB WD drive for scratch and boot off of a 18GB 10K III SCSI drive with an additional 10K III for OS backup. I'm not ready to buy more storage yet but I thought this looked interesting.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Jan Kivar posted a news about this today, but Flagreen posted the same story days before. Maybe I should have sent it to the front page earlier, but I wasn't able to access the Net at the moment Bill created the thread (car broke, me in the middle of nowhere, ...)

So now the news is on the front page, Bill gets credits for the thread, everyone should be happy, little birds will sing, sun will shine and they all lived long and had many children.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I see many places that claim that it's a 1 gagabyte drive. Although I haven't messed with one first hand, I'm pretty sure it's a four-250GB drives setup, probably configured in JBOD like Blaker wrote above. It isn't A 1 giger drive, it is a 1 giger storage box, which, technically, is quite different.

Jan Kivar

Learning Storage Performance
CougTek said:
So now the news is on the front page, Bill gets credits for the thread, everyone should be happy, little birds will sing, sun will shine and they all lived long and had many children.
:D Maybe I should have looked here... But to my defence, the thread topic was somewhat misleading...

Jan