Anybody use DVD2SVCD?

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
I'm using it to convert an AVI file to SVCD to play on the TV. The encoder in use is TMPGEnc, and the AVI file needs the XViD codec to be playable.

My question is, this 48 min AVI has taken nearly 2 hours to process 25%. Is this normal? I'm after quality. Is there a better way to do this? I'm a virgin so (in other words, this is my first time :oops: )

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
BTW, this is on a s754 Athlon 2800+ @ 2.43 GHz. 512MB PC3200 (Corsair XMS3200-LL). The vid card is a Radeon 9550.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Cr*p! And I can't afford a FX-55 or duallie :(

I did drop the Motion Search Precision and set the Aspect ratio to the correct setting which has helped somewhat, so a 43 min AVI will now only take around 1:50 :-?

Thanks for the feedback oh guru of knowledge :cheers:

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
yes unfortunately MPEG4>MPEG2 is a very slow conversion process. HT P4's are the best (single) CPU for these sort of tasks. even the FX-55 is trumped by a P4/3.4 for most things video.

Jan Kivar

Learning Storage Performance
mubs said:
Jeez! I had no idea it takes that long. Then why does everybody say processors are "fast enough"?
That means that Word/IE/etc. opens faster than an Average Joe starts thinking whether he successfully double-clicked the icon on the desktop or not.

Cheers,

Jan