MediCat Live USB

Piyono

Storage is cool
Is this legit?
As in, is it compiled by a well-meaning individual without malicious intent?
At first glance it passes my BS filters but I thought I'd get a differential diagnosis.

Handruin

Administrator
I've never heard of it until now. That is a bummer they don't dump the source on github or something just for transparency. What are you trying to accomplish with this?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I just ran across Sergei Strelec's WinPE Rescue Disk, which seems to have a crazy amount of added functionality. There's a substantial amount of commercial software in the disk image, including TrueImage, AOEMI Partition Manager and, believe it or not, Office 2007. It passes malware and AV (Fortinet, Avira, Windows Defender and McAfee) scans that I was able to do. I used it to remove a Windows boot time password from a tablet PC where I could not just pull the disk drive, but everything I tried at least started up.

Legal? I doubt it. Does it work. It sure seems to.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Shouldn't you vet it with Legal before using it?

sedrosken

Florida Man
In a corporate environment, sure. For personal use fixing personal devices? I dunno, it comes down to how much you personally like getting sued for violations of the DMCA. Even then, it's more likely the distributors of the image will get sued before users do.

Piyono

Storage is cool
I just ran across Sergei Strelec's WinPE Rescue Disk, which seems to have a crazy amount of added functionality. There's a substantial amount of commercial software in the disk image, including TrueImage, AOEMI Partition Manager and, believe it or not, Office 2007. It passes malware and AV (Fortinet, Avira, Windows Defender and McAfee) scans that I was able to do. I used it to remove a Windows boot time password from a tablet PC where I could not just pull the disk drive, but everything I tried at least started up.

Legal? I doubt it. Does it work. It sure seems to.
In-ter-est-ing!

Piyono

Storage is cool
I've never heard of it until now. That is a bummer they don't dump the source on github or something just for transparency. What are you trying to accomplish with this?
No specific goals, here, just curious because it's in my nature to wonder about rescue tools.