Troubles with my Yahoo Finance portfolio page

apairofpcs

Learning Storage Performance
I've enjoyed using Yahoo Finance to view the portions of my portfolio containing stock market components, for about 15 years. Has anybody noticed a corruption of their portfolio page, where portfolio views can be created but not deleted? Also, I can't seem to get the totals of each view to appear on the bottom of the chart. They had a problem a few days ago and it was corrected yesterday. But today, it's back to being a problem. By the way, this issue is evident on my two laptops and desktop pc...but not on my Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S5 cell phone. All three pcs are using Windows 7 64 bit. The URL is identical on all 4 devices.

apairofpcs

I've enjoyed using Yahoo Finance to view the portions of my portfolio containing stock market components, for about 15 years. Has anybody noticed a corruption of their portfolio page, where portfolio views can be created but not deleted? Also, I can't seem to get the totals of each view to appear on the bottom of the chart. They had a problem a few days ago and it was corrected yesterday. But today, it's back to being a problem. By the way, this issue is evident on my two laptops and desktop pc...but not on my Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S5 cell phone. All three pcs are using Windows 7 64 bit. The URL is identical on all 4 devices.
I forgot to mention that all 4 devices are using the Mozilla Firefox 52.0.1 browser. They're all connected to my Wi-Fi router network.

apairofpcs

I forgot to mention that all 4 devices are using the Mozilla Firefox 52.0.1 browser. They're all connected to my Wi-Fi router network.
More data:
The error also appears using the IE browser.
Uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling a different version, didn't help.
The version of Firefox in the 3 pcs and the cell phone, are the same.
It looks like Yahoo Finance doesn't like working with pc OSs anymore!

apairofpcs

Try incognito mode or clear your cache and cookies.
If you mean "Restart with Add-ons Disabled", which is Firefox's "Safe Mode", I did that too. No change!
I often use "Clear Recent History", which clears browsing history, download history, form and search history, cookies, cache and active logins. No change!

apairofpcs

Snowhiker,

Before you edited your post on the site, I received an email notice and read the post. Here's what you wrote, before you got cold feet.....
"A shot in the dark. Firefox 52 is the 64-bit version, is it not? By any chance, did the problems occur after you upgraded from 32 to 64 bit Firefox?"

All of my pcs are using the 32 bit version of Firefox 52.0.1. I've had the 32 bit version on all my pcs for about 3 weeks. But the problem started a few days ago. I'm sure Yahoo is having a problem. This happened before a long time ago, but it worked itself out. The funny thing is that they solved the problem twoe days ago, but the problem recurred yesterday.

It was a good "shot in the dark."

apairofpcs

I installed the Firefox v52.0.2 32 bit on my three pcs. No change. I updated the Firefox app on my cell phone. The Yahoo Finance page opens correctly, as it did with v52.0.1.
I restarted my desktop pc in Safe Mode with networking, and opened Yahoo Finance. No change.

My conclusion is that the problem is solely with Yahoo.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
Yeah, my 32-bit firefox is v51 and when I click the "check for updates" button I get the "Firefox is up to date" message. I noticed you were on v52 so I thought that might be a 64-bit only version. But google says there is a 32-bit v52 so....not sure why I'm not getting asking to update to v52.

I guess that's not the problem. Sorry.

Still on 32-bit because of plugins.

apairofpcs

Yeah, my 32-bit Firefox is v51 and when I click the "check for updates" button I get the "Firefox is up to date" message. I noticed you were on v52, so I thought that might be a 64-bit only version. But Google says there is a 32-bit v52, so....not sure why I'm not getting asked to update to v52.

I guess that's not the problem. Sorry.

Still on 32-bit because of plugins.
Yahoo is the problem, since IE doesn't solve the problem either.

I sent you a private message elaborating on Firefox, because I might get a slap on the hand by the admin, if I pursue matters not directly related to the subject of the thread.

Striker

Have you tried changing the user agent to load the desktop version on the mobile devices? I don't use Firefox, but to me it sounds like an issue with the mobile site.

apairofpcs

Have you tried changing the user agent to load the desktop version on the mobile devices? I don't use Firefox, but to me it sounds like an issue with the mobile site.
You seem to be confused. The mobile site's representation is accurate, whereas the two laptops and one desktop pc are NOT.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Thinking alternatively, that would be a way to test the desktop site on a device that you know can work. You could also try to load the mobile site I the desktop.

apairofpcs

Thinking alternatively, that would be a way to test the desktop site on a device that you know can work. You could also try to load the mobile site I the desktop.
I'm not sure what you mean. But maybe what I wrote below will give somebody an indication of what's the problem.

I opened Yahoo Finance / My Portfolios on my desktop pc, and the correctly formatted page appeared. To see if this was real, I clicked Clear Recent History. After that, the problem returned.

I repeatedly tried to attach a 23KB screenshot of the Clear Recent History window, for all to see what that operation accomplishes. But the program claims the file is 14.1KB too big. I've attached much larger files to other posts, with no problem. Why can't I attach it to this post?

Using the Clear Recent History function, has never caused an adverse affect on my browser on any of my pcs.

apairofpcs

I forgot to mention that I created many "views"within a portfolio, in the process of trying to solve my problem. Two anomalies occur. Anomaly one is I can't add most of the columns that existed before the problem started. I wasn't able to create a proper view, as a result. Needless to say, any one of us would delete those ineffective views, right? Anomaly two is that Yahoo Finance doesn't allow the deletion of views. I even tried to delete an entire Portfolio Profile and start all over, but Yahoo prevents that as well. It's as if anything I create becomes a "Read Only" item. When my deletion attempts are denied, the following message appears in a wide window, "Unable to remove the view. Please try again." The window disappears a few seconds later.

Does the above give anyone an indication as to what's the problem on Yahoo's end?