NDA Agreement

CougTek

Serial computer killer
For the first time ever, I've been proposed to sign an NDA agreement to access priviledged information regarding upccoming products and not yet released server platforms and processors. Of course, I won't be allowed to share anything here. The only thing I'll say is it is from an innovative server company with first-to-market products. I was surprised to see how badly they wanted us as customers.

Is it something many of you have experienced?

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I've had to sign a number of NDAs over the course of my working life, including one for the people I'm consulting for now. The project falls into the category of "if I tell you I have to kill you".

Stereodude

Not really a
Is it something many of you have experienced?
It's extremely common in the auto industry between companies. Without a NDA no one will tell you much about what they're doing on either side.

I haven't personally had to sign one since they're company to company NDAs and I'm not authorized to sign them on behalf of my employer.

Handruin

Administrator
Yes, I and my company are under NDA with various tech companies for products I'm working with. This is common in this industry.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
When I was in Silicon Valley, I had NDAs with practically every company I worked with. In fact, when I didn't have one, that was unusual.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
When I was in Silicon Valley, I had NDAs with practically every company I worked with. In fact, when I didn't have one, that was unusual.

Same here. Practically anything beyond ordering office supplies requires an NDA. It's on the first page of the vendor qualification SOP.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Same here. Practically anything beyond ordering office supplies requires an NDA. It's on the first page of the vendor qualification SOP.
Back in the day, I even had to sign an NDA to visit the employee cafe at Adobe, even though it's outside of their secure area.

Guess the menu was a trade secret.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Back in the day, I even had to sign an NDA to visit the employee cafe at Adobe, even though it's outside of their secure area.

Guess the menu was a trade secret.

There are good reasons for having you sign that NDA.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
They didn't want any reviews of their food on Yelp? :rofl:

Maybe so, or more likely they don't want to deal with loose lips.
Restrooms can be a problem, too. Sometime I see reminder signs that the toilets are insecure and not to discuss anything confidential there.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Of course I signed NDA agreements before, but this is the first time I'm being offered to try unreleased server platforms months in advance.