Issues with F@H 7.1.50 on large machine

ddrueding

Fixture
Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit, fully updated.

Got the client, control, and viewer installed. Got the credentials input. Choose the SMP client.

It succesfully downloads a project, and then immediatly fails with the following error:

WU01:FS00:FahCore returned: FAILED_3 (255 = 0xff)

It then continues to retry and return the same. Googling returned so much junk I couldn't make anything from it.

Help?

BingBangBop

Storage is cool
You could always ask at the F@H forums. Maybe someone else there has had the same problem.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
First question : are you absolutely sure that this machine is perfectly stable? Running the FAH client was supposed to be a stability test.

Just to be sure, you followed the installation instructions on this page?

Last edited:

CougTek

Serial computer killer
San Diego's Wicked Bard is the one who'll be able to help you the most in case of a configuration issue. AFAIK, he's the only one here running the beta client V7 on Linux.

sdbardwick

Storage is cool
CougTek vastly overestimates my skills. I don't even know the correct pronunciation of Linux. With that caveat, IIRC I'm running Ubuntu 10.4 LTS because I think I read about Python incompatibilities with 11.10. Also, I think that box has an earlier beta release on it.
The F@H forums really are the place to go.

ddrueding

Fixture
First question : are you absolutely sure that this machine is perfectly stable? Running the FAH client was supposed to be a stability test.

It shows stable in Memtest86 and some others, but I don't know how to test within Linux.

Just to be sure, you followed the installation instructions on this page?

Nope. I went to the beta download page, downloaded the three modules there pertinent to Ubuntu and AMD64, and installed them. During install it asked for my username, team number, and passkey. It also asked what client I wanted to run and I chose SMP. It seems to be running...just with an error.