X15 and 2940u2w

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Tea said:
Do you take bananas?

I will up Tea's bid of banana's. I've got some pure banana Extract created from only the best virgin white banana's.

** Note, no live banana's were killed during the producion the extract.
*** Only banana's over the age of 18 were used during the creation of this extract.
**** All Banana's were paid a living wage for the countries they were employeed from

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
No Coug. Mark often slips in a sly one now and then, just when we least expect it. And the end of the world is not soon. In fact, if I haven't mixed my dates up again, it's not till Tuesday.

Mark, that virgin banana oil sounds delicious. Would you consider exchanging it for one of Tannin's X15s? I'm sure he wouldn't miss just one or two of them.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
CougTek said:
Mark making humor??? The end of the world must be soon.

For some reason, I have gotten the same reaction at other forums that I haunt. A few moths ago, I tried some humor there and got a very similar reaction. I have a sinking feeling that people think I take things too seriously.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
P5-133XL said:
CougTek said:
Mark making humor??? The end of the world must be soon.

For some reason, I have gotten the same reaction at other forums that I haunt. A few moths ago, I tried some humor there and got a very similar reaction. I have a sinking feeling that people think I take things too seriously.

Oh, so now you say the sky is not falling. :D

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
I can understand if no one wants to buy from me at market price; everyone is looking for a deal. But could someone help me figure out what market price is.

I only accept payment in fruit if the fruit can be used to fold proteins.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
$200 - $225? I'm thinking the drive is probably worth most of the $200 a new one would cost. The card is just the gravy that gets the price up around retail for the bare drive.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Ahh, in that case you need to talk to Time. Bananas, of course, are a high-protein fruit, and he is (so far as I know) our only banana bender.

(PS: I don't expect anyone to understand this.)

(PPS: except Pradeep, James, Soup_Nazi, Mutiah, DB, Tannin, Sol, and Time himself.)

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
$160 for just the drive would be a fair asking price. I will give you $150 if you don't sell it.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Do you usually sell the cable with the card or drive?

Where should I be looking for average prices? I've already looked at ebay, pricewatch and hypermicro.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
The Hypermicro price is probably a fair one. The trouble with places like Ebay and Pricewatch is that they all too often include some ridiculous low prices that are not actually "real", just something to bring the suckers in. When you actually try to buy the item, it's suddeny "out of stock" or some such. (i.e., a "bait and switch" tactic.) But Pricewatch should give you a reasonable idea if you ignore the outliers.

I'm more-or-less expect the cable to go with the card, but that's up to you. Guess I'd advertise it at 2/3rd of the Hypermicro price and await offers. You can always say "OK, I'll take less", but "OK, I'll take more" doesn't usually go down too well with the punters. :)

But really, you should take Timwhit's offer: $150 to keep a drive is pretty damn good!

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Tea said:
Ahh, in that case you need to talk to Time. Bananas, of course, are a high-protein fruit, and he is (so far as I know) our only banana bender.

(PS: I don't expect anyone to understand this.)

(PPS: except Pradeep, James, Soup_Nazi, Mutiah, DB, Tannin, Sol, and Time himself.)

Guess: Time is from Queensland, hence a banana bender?

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
CORRECT!

Not bad at all, Bartendeer. We will have you knocking back VB, driving a Holden, and speaking with an accent soon, the way you are going. Yes, Queenslanders are known as "banana benders" because they come off the tree straight and they have to be bent to fit into the case. This is why Qld has such low unemployment. At least, according to legend this is so.

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Tea said:
CORRECT!

Not bad at all, Bartendeer. We will have you knocking back VB, driving a Holden, and speaking with an accent soon, the way you are going. Yes, Queenslanders are known as "banana benders" because they come off the tree straight and they have to be bent to fit into the case. This is why Qld has such low unemployment. At least, according to legend this is so.

In my part of the world, we have a similar expression; it is a derogatory comment regarding Hispanics, but it sounds like they are tough battlers like the banana benders from Queensland.

The Grammar Police

Learning Storage Performance
Bartender, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that Tea is a horrible liar. Bananas are bent in their natural state. Still worse, she does violence to the language - for it is not a "tree" at all that produces bananas: it's a palm.

Cliptin: be very, very careful dealing with Tea. She can be very devious. I guess you think she is after a couple of these:

bananas.jpg

Not at all! For all her many faults, Tea is perfectly well aware that the thing pictured above is not a bunch of bananas. It is a hand of bananas. This is a bunch.

richardwithbunch.JPG

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Tea said:
Yes, Queenslanders are known as "banana benders" because they come off the tree straight and they have to be bent to fit into the case. This is why Qld has such low unemployment. At least, according to legend this is so.

Hmm, I have seen another phrase used to describe this condition. Poofter.
I'm not sure what this has to do with unemployment. Taking care of your own or something?

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Cliptin said:
Tea said:
Yes, Queenslanders are known as "banana benders" because they come off the tree straight and they have to be bent to fit into the case. This is why Qld has such low unemployment. At least, according to legend this is so.

Hmm, I have seen another phrase used to describe this condition. Poofter.
I'm not sure what this has to do with unemployment. Taking care of your own or something?

Uh, that would have a completely different meaning. I'll let Tea or Tannin explain.