What's a used C400 worth?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Customer of mine has a Dell Latitude C400.
He's had it 3 years and it's NEVER been out of its dock. 3lb. laptop used as a desktop. It's cosmetically perfect.

It's a 1.2GHz P3 system, 256MB RAM, 30GB hard drive. And it weighs 3lbs.

The guy can't find the CD-RW or floppy drive it came with. No idea what the battery will do.

I think it's worth about $225 as is, but I'm not the one who is planning to sell it. My thought is that the optical and floppy are probably worth about $75, together, and the "complete" unit + docking station is probably worth about $300.

Does "cosmetically perfect" make up for not having any removable storage?

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I think that it would only make you feel better about the purchase, but suspicious of what the person was doing to it.

I'd suggest that it's worth a little less that you think. How was this person planning on selling?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I think he's going to try to peddle it to one of his other contractors or employees. He really isn't savvy enough to sell it on ebay.

Handruin

Administrator
I've seen (and know of) Compaq's for as little as $399-$449 with more recent hardware such as a sempron and 256MB DDR... I don't think it's worth $225...but that's just my opinion. I'd offer somewhere in the ballpark of $125 - $150 for something that slow (sans docking station).