Spyware at home is revolting.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I receive that in my one of my e-mail account :
  • Parents Protect Your Loved Ones!!!
    ---KNOW What They Are Doing On-Line.

Businesses Increase Productivity.
    ---Protect YOUR Financial Future!!!

Stealth-Eyes is a computer monitoring software that automatically records EVERYTHING
    done on a computer and you play it back like a VCR at your convenience. It emails to a designated address
    the text version of all on-line activity, 24 hours a day. You can have as much or as little information
    emailed as desired; a full report, a short notifications when keywords are detected or an easy to read
    pie graph for at-a-glance reference of all system activity.

Once the software is installed, you never need to touch the monitored system again.
    Stealth Eyes installs and remains TOTALLY hidden on a computer. Only YOU know it is there.
    It begins recording activity whenever Windows is started, no matter how many times a system is rebooted.

In today's society, it is increasingly important to be informed and to KNOW what is going on around us.
    This software can help you be a responsible parent and protect your children from online predators.
    It can help you protect your business from a recessed economy with INCREASED profits.

Protect Your Family and Your Business. BE INFORMED!!

This is totally shameful and it should be illegal. You can't even imagine what I would do to the bastards who being these type of vomit programs. Have you seen "Hannibal" and "Seven", well that would only be a start of what those miserable under-lifeform slugs would receive.

Spying other people's activity is sick and criminal. Nobody in his right state of mind should do that against the other members of their family (that tells you what I think about the bunch of religious conservative freaks who would certainly be prone to use this program). At work, I could remotely understand (but not agree) with the use of spyware, but at home, NO WAY!

I'm pissed. I think I'll watch the three Rambo movies in a row before I go to bed and make sweet dreams about the half-ass who program and finance spyware.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I'm inclined to agree with you, Coug. Not an issue for me as I don't have kids, or indeed share a house with anyone bar Woof and Ginger, both of whom are only interested in computers to the extent that they make good things to rub against.

Oh, and Woof has a mania for resting her chin on my trackball while I'm using it. Don't think spyware is of much interest to her. Fish - now that gets her attention.

myself

What is this storage?
"Spyware at home is revolting."

At first I thought this was another distributed computing project, and that you had found it to be a poor performer.

cquinn

What is this storage?
Worse, it looks like some form of online scam.

Trying to do a quick google search on "stealth eyes" results in either
spam links posted to various mailing lists
(notable becuase each spam links back to a different dummy web-site).

Or a set of dummy fronts for some "background check" service that
seems to offer the same program as a freebie for purchasing their
services. Made more conspicuous by the fact these sites don't actually
link to information about this program, nor can I find much in the
way of actuall news reports about the program.

The website http://se.steamboattech.com, supposedly the main site
for the program, does not seem to exist anymore.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
myself said:
"Spyware at home is revolting."

At first I thought this was another distributed computing project, and that you had found it to be a poor performer.

I thought they were doing something against the status quo. :D