Problems with adopting Ubiquity AC-Pro access point

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
So I've installed Java, and the latest UniFi 5.3.8 controller (running on Win 7).

Upgraded the firmware on the AC-Pro to the latest release (3.7.29)

AP shows as pending adoption, I choose "Adopt" and it eventually times out saying "Adoption Failed".

Tried forgetting and re-adopting several times, always fails.

I found this support article: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi...ade-to-3-1-4/m-p/547604/highlight/true#M44264

Where it says to use the setinform command to give it an IP address. However, when I attempt to SSH into the AP at 192.168.1.20, I don't get a login prompt, the session times out. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm ready to send this back to Amazon.

ddrueding

Fixture
I've had a similar issue after a firmware upgrade. Resolving it included SSH and a reset of some kind, plus a reboot IIRC. It has been a while.

It may have grabbed an IP from your DHCP? Have you tried a factory reset using the pinhole on the PoE adapter? Once you can SSH to it use this command:

syswrapper.sh restore-default

Handruin

Administrator
I believe this article should help with the default username/password.

I've had a huge amount of issues getting the controller to discover my UAP-pro let alone adopt it. I got it setup once via my laptop and I remember having to disable everything in the windows firewall to get it to communicate with the UAP. Their controller communication and discover is probably the one major complain I would make about using their APs. I've been tempted to just get the Unifi Cloud Key device to be done with trying to manage the APs from a computer. I realize this shouldn't be required but it has some advantages to being available without needing to leave a computer running with the controller/management software.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
The problem I've had with adoption was when I changed the forst password I set on the controller. The AP kept the old one, so they all showed as disconnected.