Posting under the influence

Forum posts and forms of chemical recreation?

• I have never posted drunk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have posted while mildly buzzed

• I have posted while totally drunk

• I post from the floor 'cause my chair won't stop moving

• Total voters

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Drunk posting: A serious issue. Some SR regulars have admitted it openly. Some have confessed after the fact. Some make their inebriated state part of their username. Tonight on StorageForum, a shocking exposé: Do our readers post while under the influence?

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I've always posted sober, but this is mainly due to the fact that I hardly ever drink. New Years and a few other holidays are about the only time I have anything stronger than beer, and even with beer, a six pack will last me a month or two. I don't think I could post drunk-one beer puts me under the table. :) Maybe I'll try it someday-drink half a beer and then post. I doubt that the post would make sense to anyone, though.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I only post drunk maybe once a month (to SR that is). But usually I get halfway into writing a post and realize that it is not worth it and go to bed.

-Tim

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Here's a thought; why not start a separate forum for Drunks only? It would give them something to do besides drive into telephone poles at night and it would it would give the rest of hours and hours of hilarious reading material at the same time. What say you boys?

HellDiver

Learning Storage Performance
No biggie. Did it a couple of times throughout the last two years. (bet you though I'm an alcoholic judging by my posts, at least ;) )

So? :roll:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I have never had a drink of alcohol, but I posted this poll with memories of Clocker's occasional admissions of posting on SR while less-than-sober, and SuperC's expression of regret that he said some things that he regretted after a night of inebriated posting.

... and that got me wondering whether other members drink, and whether there are consequences for drinking and posting other than poor spelling.

HellDiver

(This obviously is not directed at you, Mercutio, since you claim to be a non-drinking person, more of a rhethorical question) Are there any consequences to drinking and having a tensive conversation with one's GF? Of course there are likely to be some - one's likely to say things he wouldn't have normally said, probably prompting an appropriate reaction, etc. This is not necessarily true, as I for example tend to remain pretty clear-minded even after substantial doses of alcohol (probably because I'm not an abusive drinker and my body has the resources to cope with that), but some could clearly end up with things stored in phpBB's databases they'll regret later... (All the more reasons to disallow posts editing!!! :p )

Vlad The Impaler

I have posted whilst a bit drunk. I have had half a bottle of wine right now. Hic!! :wink:

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I only remember to have posted once under the influence of alcohol. However, it doesn't mean that I have only posted once under the influence of alcohol.