Phone Dying

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I'm thinking about the ZTE ZMAX® Pro as the larger phablet (gift). I'm still undecided on the normal work phone.

LunarMist

Now the G4 display is going wonky and it's less than 2 years old. :(
Are all LG products for shit?

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Now the G4 display is going wonky and it's less than 2 years old. :(
Are all LG products for shit?

It's possible that all smartphones are for shit in general. Though my LG G3 stopped working when it was around 20 months old. I still bought an LG G5 as a replacement because there was no other desirable option.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
What tim said. Whether you pay $200 or $700 for a phone, they all seem to have a rather similar, short, finite, life. Something or other goes wonky and you have to spend again. Unlike the tank-like feature phones built by Nokia in the years gone by, that used to last till you gave it away to someone who used it for another so many years and then handed it down again. I've resigned myself to replacing 3 smartphones in the family every two years.

Handruin

Administrator
Phone reliability is hit or miss for all the major brands so I wouldn't say LG is the exception here. They all have trends of issues with each generation of phone. For example if you google LG bootloop you'll see numerous reported issues with this problem. Apple has had issues with the tops of their screens going bad as another example. Everyone is probably aware of Samsung battery explosions in the Note 5 Note 7.

Last edited:

LunarMist

I thought the defective phone was the Note 7, at least according to the airlines.

LunarMist

It's possible that all smartphones are for shit in general. Though my LG G3 stopped working when it was around 20 months old. I still bought an LG G5 as a replacement because there was no other desirable option.

My G4 is about 16 months.

LunarMist

The G4 display looks fine now, not perfect though similar to when new. I don't see how the expanded battery could have affected the display, but it is I strange.