OCZ buys PC Power & Cooling.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
So now maybe it will be easier to get PC Power & Cooling power supplies outside the United States.
Sunnyvale, Calif.—May 25, 2007—OCZ today announced immediate plans to bring PC Power & Cooling into the OCZ Technology Group. As a worldwide leader in high performance computer hardware, OCZ acquired PC Power & Cooling to utilize their keen expertise in power management and take the organization to the next level.
News source

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I just hope that the quality of PCP&C won't go straight down now.

ddrueding

Fixture
PCP&C have always had a reputation as very reliable and loud power supplies. I think they have lost more than they've gained in terms of reputation with this deal.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
My opinion is mixed: It may be good, and it may end up bad. I would say that a wait and see attitude is appropiate.

I think it was good that there was a place that always created a very high quality PS at a slight premium. I worry, that OCZ will dilute that and start producing mediocre PS's using PCP&C's name. But the possibility exists that what will happen is to improve distribution increasing volume and creating ecconomies of scale unheard of before and thereby decreasing prices. Then it will be a closer race between PCP&C and Seasonic.