OCZ 550W and 650W 80+ silver certified PSUs

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
OCZ Z550
OCZ Z650

Certifications :

http://80plus.org/manu/psu/psu_reports/OCZ_OCZZ550_ECOS1279 1_550W_Report.pdf
http://80plus.org/manu/psu/psu_reports/OCZ_OCZZ650_ECOS 1280 1_650W_Report.pdf

Both are on sale right now and there are mail-in-rebates from OCZ (for what it's worth) to sweeten the deal. You simply can't find another 80+ Silver power supply unit that cheap elsewhere. I bought several lower-end OCZ power supplies (mainly the 400SXS, 500SXS and 400MXSP) and I have yet to fill an RMA. Buyers north of the frontier can get them cheap from DirectCanada and NCIX. The cheapest place I've found in the U.S. is the US side of NCIX. Interestingly, they are cheaper in Québec and Canada than in the States.

These would be great with the P55 motherboards featuring the 8-pin EPS connector. I bought three of the 650W model for future builds.

Oh and by the way, the price of this 850W unit from Seasonic isn't half bad either. Certification. Review.

Stereodude

Not really a
Just don't fall into any Rebate traps from OCZ. They will attempt to screw you over on any rebate submission by straight up lying to you about what you sent in.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'd be a lot happier to find a solid $25 power supply. I can buy something really nice at $75; I'm not even worried about that, but bread and butter stuff is just getting POS Dell or HP up and running after a storm.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Well, if it is of any help, the new Antec NSK4482 now comes with an 80+ Bronze certified power supply. That's an upgrade from the standard 80+ certification from the NSK4480. I noticed that today on a box I had in stock. It should cost you less than 100$. Not cheap, but not bad either for an entry-level system.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Coug, I build machines that I usually SELL for $350 - $400. I buy Antec cases when I can get them on sale from Amazon (no shipping), but generally I stick with Compucase + HEC PSUs. I try to go with two HDDs as a standard sort of up-sell and that's about it.