Memorial Day.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Memorial Day here in the US is to remember all men and women that were killed in a military action for our country.
Please take a moment to thank them. Special places

Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Bozo

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
There was a parade in my town today. There were still a couple WWII vets in town spry enough that they felt like putting on their uniforms, but at least this year none of them were trying to march with the Korea and Vietnam guys, but nothing is weirder to me than seeing the guys in their 20s and 30s who are in the VFW.

ddrueding

Fixture
I'm old enough now that a number of my friends already served (some in combat) and are now solidly into a career in the private sector. Those that chose their station well while in the military have leveraged it much better than I'd expected, making their decision seem more informed than I'd thought at the time.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
There was a parade in my town today. There were still a couple WWII vets in town spry enough that they felt like putting on their uniforms, but at least this year none of them were trying to march with the Korea and Vietnam guys, but nothing is weirder to me than seeing the guys in their 20s and 30s who are in the VFW.

I read some where that 6000 WWII vets die everyday. To me, that number is staggering.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm old enough now that a number of my friends already served (some in combat) and are now solidly into a career in the private sector. Those that chose their station well while in the military have leveraged it much better than I'd expected, making their decision seem more informed than I'd thought at the time.

I used my veterans benefits to go back to school. I didn't join with the post service benefits in mind. I was drafted. As I look back, being drafted was a good thing. Some of the choices I made were taking me down a path that lead to nothing good. Three years in the Army and a trip to Vietnam was a real eye opener.

Stereodude

Not really a
...but nothing is weirder to me than seeing the guys in their 20s and 30s who are in the VFW.
Well, I'm sure those people in their 20's and 30's saw action in Iraq or Afghanistan. Those are foreign wars. Though I will admit, typically you think of the VFW being filled with old guys.