LSI 2132-IS - 73.99U$

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
See this auction. The seller only offers the "Buy Now" option, so it is and it will stay 73.99$.

Card only, but still a good price IMO. Shipping is low and it's unclear if he is willing to ship outside U.S. (divergent info at two places). I need a SCSI controller to format two or three drives I want to sell, but he only ships via UPS and their rates are awful for US-to-Québec deliveries. So I'll skip on this one.

The only place where I've found info about this controller has been on Dell support section. Nowhere to be found on LSI's website (LSI21320-R is a different controller). I guess the card has been pulled from a Dell PwerEdge box.

LSI's U320 controllers typically go for 140-170U$ and climbing, so this is a good deal IMO.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm seriously considering the $38 card...seems like a good deal.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
How does LSI make money? They had the the $70 Ultra160 card a year ago....

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Handruin said:
I'm seriously considering the $38 card...seems like a good deal.

I 1st noticed the card after somebody recomended it because they used it themselves with good performance and no problems.

That's a good recomendation in my book.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I would buy the U160 for 38$, but they don't ship here. Next time I order something from one of you American members, I think I'll ask for a favor and a little addition in the package.

Here, the only place where I can find this controller sells it, retail, for 176$CDN, which is roughly 135U$.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
yes. be4 de taxes and not including shipping.

sowry for spelling : i'm eating wit 1 hand & typing with de other.