Huawei P30 Pro

time

Storage? I am Storage!
One of my daughters and her partner just signed up for these, complete with the "Breathing Crystal" finish. Came with cordless ear buds but no protective case. I've recommended a clear Spigen for her, but not sure what will fully protect her partner's - he works with cement.

Crazy 10x zoom camera with Optical Image Stabilization, wide angle shots, super low-light shots, giant battery - what's not to love?

Given that Huawei is being used as a trade war proxy, has anyone even seen one in the USA?

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Huawei... Are those the guys who spy on us for the Chinese Communist Party, or the ones that just work for the Chinese Communist Party? ;)

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I prefer the smallest practical 3-piece cases that have a soft internal layer and hard externals, except the corner "bumpers" are an extension of the soft materials. Typically I buy about 2-3 to find the best one and keep the others in reserve. After a few years it can be difficult to find a case for a discontinued phone.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
At this point, I wouldn't get a Huawei phone until the dust settles on the current situation.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Unfortunately Huawei managed to grab some notable marketshare here in Oz, so there are going to be a lot of people burnt by this... (High end phones on sale are generally either Apple, Samsung or Hauwei handsets, with 1-2 models from Nokia, LG and Oppo making up the upper-mid range stuff).

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
From the consumer side, effectively all Huawei phones and devices are EOL. (No updates, other than those offered by the playstore, warranties will consist of purchase refunds/credits rather than device replacement), etc.

From the infrastructure side, a lot of telco's and operators were using their modems/routers/switches/ 3G/4G (and soon 5G) mobile equipment, and those are now EOL (remember, the ban not only effect Huawei's relationship with Google, but also Qualcomm, Broadcom, Intel, AMD, (and now ARM) and a slew of other technology companies).

This not only effects Australia, but has international reach... I don't know how much market penetration they had in Europe, NZ, India, Africa, etc. but this effects them as well.

LunarMist

It seems like there would be some good discounts to be had. :D

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
One of my daughters and her partner just signed up for these, complete with the "Breathing Crystal" finish. Came with cordless ear buds but no protective case. I've recommended a clear Spigen for her, but not sure what will fully protect her partner's - he works with cement.

Crazy 10x zoom camera with Optical Image Stabilization, wide angle shots, super low-light shots, giant battery - what's not to love?

Given that Huawei is being used as a trade war proxy, has anyone even seen one in the USA?

Huawei phones aren't available from any of the US carrier stores, which is how the vast majority of consumers acquire phones over here. You would need to buy them from another source. So most here have never seen one in person, or know the brand.

LunarMist

That explains it. I've only consumed the T Mobile or some old ATT phones.

LunarMist

I have the Moto, which is Lenovo. I think they are more popular here. I've never heard of OPPO.

Handruin

Administrator
Oppo was big with other high-end consumer electronics. They used to make one of the best Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray players.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm not sure how you figure that. The US will be dealing with this mess Trump has made (and continues to make) for a very long time.

Handruin

Administrator
No there was context from a spammer that I removed. True, these posts don't make sense here any longer.