Citibank really, really, really sucks!!!

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I've been pretty happy with CapitalOne 360 (formerly ING Direct). It's all internet based, no branches.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I prefer local/regional banks with humans, but I only have reason to visit every couple of months.
If you bank online, where are your safety deposit boxes?

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I don't either.
My neither. I just don't have anything important enough that it needs to be stored offsite. That includes my data. My rationale with my data is I'm almost always home. In the unlikely event something destroyed the house it would most likely kill me. If I'm dead, it doesn't matter if my data survived or not. If there's something like a fire, I have more than enough time to grab the metal box containing my thumb drives. Heck, I might have enough time to grab my entire PC. Or more likely, I would be able to contain the fire before the fire department comes.

Based on what I see, most of the time safe deposit boxes are used for storing valuables like jewelry, gold, or lots of cash. I don't have much of any of these things at home.

LunarMist

My neither. I just don't have anything important enough that it needs to be stored offsite. That includes my data. My rationale with my data is I'm almost always home. In the unlikely event something destroyed the house it would most likely kill me. If I'm dead, it doesn't matter if my data survived or not. If there's something like a fire, I have more than enough time to grab the metal box containing my thumb drives. Heck, I might have enough time to grab my entire PC. Or more likely, I would be able to contain the fire before the fire department comes.

Based on what I see, most of the time safe deposit boxes are used for storing valuables like jewelry, gold, or lots of cash. I don't have much of any of these things at home.

Would you if you were away for months and/or and relocated from time to time in and out of country?

ddrueding

Fixture
I have a fire safe, and every document in it has been scanned and encrypted copies of those folders exist in different systems around the globe. The cash would likely survive, and the jewelry sure would. Removing the safe would require demolition of the house; it was put in first ;)

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I have a fire safe, and every document in it has been scanned and encrypted copies of those folders exist in different systems around the globe. The cash would likely survive, and the jewelry sure would. Removing the safe would require demolition of the house; it was put in first ;)
So, if your house burns down, you're fucked?

Stereodude

Not really a
So Citi apparently can't send me the final statement on my account either. It's been two weeks and I still don't have it. This is more than slightly ironic since I skeptically asked the call center idiot if they could actually get it to me due to their address incompetence. Of course they assured me they could.

LunarMist

So Citi apparently can't send me the final statement on my account either. It's been two weeks and I still don't have it. This is more than slightly ironic since I skeptically asked the call center idiot if they could actually get it to me due to their address incompetence. Of course they assured me they could.

What if you tell them you moved again? Maybe that would trigger a change?

LunarMist

It would have to be a damned major conflagration. :lol:

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Not sure whether to put it here or in the something random thread but I hit the magic number on my FICO score:

850 FICO Score.png

I had been hovering near this mark for a while but never quite reached it. I figured it was unreachable. I guess not.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
Not sure whether to put it here or in the something random thread but I hit the magic number on my FICO score:

View attachment 1153

I had been hovering near this mark for a while but never quite reached it. I figured it was unreachable. I guess not.

You have me beat. Perhaps your new 6-figure salary has something to do with it?

credit.JPG

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
You have me beat. Perhaps your new 6-figure salary has something to do with it?

View attachment 1154
Maybe that's a factor. I have a very low credit utilization rate and I always pay my balance in full each month. I've been doing that since I've had credit cards. Also, I've had most of my cards for years. The oldest was issued in 1989. I guess as my income increased my credit utilization relative to my income dropped to levels where I wasn't considered a risk at all.

LunarMist

My credit keeps dropping, though my income is increasing overall.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Not sure how you came to that conclusion. You know what a fire safe is, right? Particularly effective if set into concrete, which is set into the ground.
Even assuming that your safe survives the fire (most aren't designed as such), it's now buried in the ruble that was your home.