problem Amazon Fraud

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
The other hard drive arrived, but I found it was a big spool of wire. :cursin:
Does anyone have experience dealing with their shipping frauds?
I entered it into the Amazon system and printed the shipping label for the return, but don't have much confidence they will believe me.
I can just see the box being returned and sitting at the front door after I get back to the US.

ddrueding

Fixture
I've had the wrong item arrive a few times. Filled out the form, got a return label, accepted, refunded. No problem.

For the record, I've only had these errors when the purchase wasn't "fulfilled by Amazon". I feel it was a mistake on their part to not at least have the items they are selling sitting in their own warehouse.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm surprised that they asked you to send it back.

Did you actually contact them about the mistake, or just do a return?

LunarMist

I'm surprised that they asked you to send it back.

Did you actually contact them about the mistake, or just do a return?

I went online and then contacted a person. According to the UPS the package was received today.
Supposedly the refund was approved immediately when the package was received into the UPS. We'll see what happens.
Normally I only buy cheap things from the Amazon and have little concern about returns. These are as high as I've gone, and naturally there was a problem.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
For something that costly they are sure to do an internal audit for the theft and would need evidence.

Stereodude

Not really a
I ordered 3 identical water filters for my fridge from Amazon and got 2 filters that were correct, and one that wasn't. If a human was involved in packing the box I can only scratch my head. Wouldn't you notice that the 3 items weren't all the same? :confused:

Anyhow, it was easily fixed. I notified them of the mistake, got a shipping label to send the wrong one back and they send a 3rd filter that was correct.

I wouldn't assume it was fraud, could just be a mix-up or mistake somewhere.

LunarMist

No, it was quite large, shrink wrapped, and just in the Amazon box with a few air packs.
A single hard drive normally comes in a special HD box in an outer box.

Handruin

Administrator
I ordered a Wahoo Fitness cycling sensor and got a roll of wired LED lights on a spool. When I looked over the package, there were two UPC stickers on it. One was for the Wahoo fitness device, the other was for the spool of LEDs. Who ever picked the order scanned the incorrect UPC so that's what got shipped to me. I called and Amazon allowed me to return and cross-shipped the item I wanted.

LunarMist

I forgot about this. I did receive a refund from the Amazon. :cheers: