Unreal Touranament 2003

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Damn I wish I could buy it online somewhere...I'm tired!

SteveC

Storage is cool
What a pitiful game! No, not UT2003, but the Giants game. As for UT2003, I have a one word review: Wow! Remember when 3dfx said that 32-bit color didn't matter? Well, they were wrong! The graphics in the demo are not the highest settings possible. I tried out a fews of the levels, and on one in particular there was magna that moved breath-takingly (I also got a little too close and turned into a skeleton!). One of the Deathmatch levels, Compressed, lives up to its name and is very good for close combat matches. I've only tried a few levels so far, and it's quite impressive. There's also plenty of mutators available to throw some wrinkles into the game. I haven't even tried the single player game yet. If I have time, I'll write a more detailed review. So far, however, it seems it was worth every cent.

Steve

SteveC

Storage is cool
I forgot to add: There's one quirk in the install. When it finished, it says to put in the disc labeled "Play Disc". Well, they're labeled Disc One, Disc Two, and Disc Three. It turns out that Disc One is the one that's needed.

Steve

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Excellent! Sounds sweet! How much $? I'm going to have to go buy it.

THe Lions game was grrrreat! We were in one of the suites on the 3rd Level with Time Inc. magazine. My wife's job has such perks!

I was able to go see it at the new Ford Field. The Lions actually looked good today! Joey Harrington really was looking sharp for a rookie!

Clocker

Handruin

Administrator
Got any screen captures to share for those of us not able to buy it yet? ;)

SteveC

Storage is cool
Clocker said:
Excellent! Sounds sweet! How much $? I'm going to have to go buy it.

THe Lions game was grrrreat! We were in one of the suites on the 3rd Level with Time Inc. magazine. My wife's job has such perks!

I was able to go see it at the new Ford Field. The Lions actually looked good today! Joey Harrington really was looking sharp for a rookie!

Clocker

It was $40.

When my Dad was a bond trader, he used to be able to get tickets to Giants games at least once a year. That's the only way you can get tickets, by knowing someone. The waiting list for season tickets is about 20,000 long, and less than 50 become available each year. The Giants radio announcer, Dick Lynch, also used to be my Dad's broker. He game my Dad his tickets for a game in 1980. They were 1st row, on the 50 yard line! I live less than 4 miles from Giants Stadium, and I hate not being able to go to any games.

Steve

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Just ordered mine from ebgames.com...$44.98 shipped.

Whoo hoo!

C

Handruin

Administrator
SteveC said:
Handruin said:
Got any screen captures to share for those of us not able to buy it yet? ;)

Right here. The pictures don't do it justice.

Steve

Thanks for the screen captures. I only got to see 3 of them before I was hit with an account overage message. :roll: Damn geocities...

SteveC

Storage is cool
Damnit! I could email them to you if you want. The only bad thing about my ISP is they don't provide webspace. They have absolutely no download limits and completely uncapped speeds (I routinely get over 5Mbps), but I guess you can't get everything.

Steve

Handruin

Administrator
SteveC said:
Damnit! I could email them to you if you want. The only bad thing about my ISP is they don't provide webspace. They have absolutely no download limits and completely uncapped speeds (I routinely get over 5Mbps), but I guess you can't get everything.

Steve

I'll just buy the game and see for myself. :) You could turn your box into a web server if you need web space. Sounds like a great connection.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Screw the webserver...he should have a full time UT 2003 server running!

C

Handruin

Administrator
Clocker said:
Screw the webserver...he should have a full time UT 2003 server running!

C

Umm, err.. oh yeah. :eek:

Gotta use that massive bandwidth for something! When you were playing on mine, I have 1/10 the bandwidth you have.

SteveC

Storage is cool
That 5Mbps is for downloads. Uploads are about 500kbps. But you're right, I will set up a server as soon as I figure out how to get it past my router. What ports does it use?

Steve

Handruin

Administrator
SteveC said:
That 5Mbps is for downloads. Uploads are about 500kbps. But you're right, I will set up a server as soon as I figure out how to get it past my router. What ports does it use?

Steve

Lol, your upload speed is just as fast as my download speed. My upload speed is 128 kb per/sec and my download is 512 kb. (I'm not complaining...modems are even worse, I know). ;)

SteveC

Storage is cool
I think I figured out how to get the server going. I had 10 people on it, but for some reason I couldn't connect myself. Seeing as it got 10 people in just a few minutes, I'm thinking about putting a password on to save bandwidth. Anyone object?

Steve

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
SteveC said:
I think I figured out how to get the server going. I had 10 people on it, but for some reason I couldn't connect myself. Seeing as it got 10 people in just a few minutes, I'm thinking about putting a password on to save bandwidth. Anyone object?

Steve

No objection. If you are trying to connect to a game behind your router, I think you should use the machines local IP address rather than your WAN IP address. Everyone else will use the WAN IP.

C

Handruin

Administrator
SteveC said:

Steve

Makes sense to put the password. I never had an issue with mine, but that's cool so many people are playing already to fill you up so quick. I don't have the game yet, but when I get it I'll try to join. :)

If you want to monitor your bandwidth, check out netstatlive from analogX.

SteveC

Storage is cool
OK, I got it going so I can also connect to it. The server is "SteveC's SF Server" and the password is "storageforum". I'll keep it down until other people get the game, so let me know! I asked how the speed was, and they seemed to say it was pretty good. We'll see.

Steve

Handruin

Administrator
SteveC said:
OK, I got it going so I can also connect to it. The server is "SteveC's SF Server" and the password is "storageforum". I'll keep it down until other people get the game, so let me know! I asked how the speed was, and they seemed to say it was pretty good. We'll see.

Steve

Thanks for setting it up steve!

When I ran my server here, I would join my own server by connecting to a LAN game. I don't know if that would help any as far as joining your own server.

Have you tried the web admin tool yet? The one with the demo worked well. Just make sure to put a password on it if you do use it. It lets you change plenty of options. You can even setup user groups with permission I believe. This option didn't work in the demo, but it should in the retail version you have.

Sol

Storage is cool
I got the full game, it rulez, everyone get it... yesterday...
I'm up for a game whenever a servers up but I guess my ping will probably be a bit on the high side, especially since games will most likly be pretty late over here, and my connection tends to suck after 1:00.

I warn you now though that the voice over informs me that I'm Wicked Sick...

SteveC

Storage is cool
Handruin said:
Have you tried the web admin tool yet? The one with the demo worked well. Just make sure to put a password on it if you do use it. It lets you change plenty of options. You can even setup user groups with permission I believe. This option didn't work in the demo, but it should in the retail version you have.
Yes, I've used the web admin, and it comes in handy too since the PCs are on different floors. What are the user groups for? If it's for allowing certain people to be able to change the settings, I'll set it up if anyone's interested in it, since I won't always be around to change it.

Sol, I'll have the server up either late tonight or sometime tomorrow (EDT time). It won't be a 24/7 server, since I actually have to use the PC it's running on. I also have to monitor the bandwidth so I don't get any nasty letters from my ISP.

Steve

SteveC

Storage is cool
The groups setting does indead work, and I have it set up. If you want access, send me an email. It'll let you restart the level, change the game type, the map, and kick bots (and I think also the mutators). Everything is ready to go, it's just waiting for some players. :wink:

Steve

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Before I go trying to find out how many new video cards I need to buy... How bad does UT2003 suck on dialup?

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Wow. I think I am actually using the AGP bus and main memory for textures when I turn all the max setting on in the full retail version. It gets choppy while loading textures sometimes.

The full version is SWEET! But...it makes me want a new graphics card. I wonder how much better the nVidia cards are at this since nVidia was involved in teh development....

C

SteveC

Storage is cool
Clocker said:
Wow. I think I am actually using the AGP bus and main memory for textures when I turn all the max setting on in the full retail version. It gets choppy while loading textures sometimes.
Yeah, I think there finally is a need for 128MB video cards. The same thing happens to me when I'm loading a new level.

Pradeep said:
Personally I am waiting for this:

http://www.ati.com/products/pc/aiw9700pro/index.html

Dual TV tuners! Oh yes, it will be mine.
Dual TV tuners! Too bad it'll be about US$500. Way out of my price range. :(

Steve

Mercutio

No Razorjack? Well, is there a "sack full of Full-Height Micropolis drives" at least?

I wouldn't mind picking up a 9700AIW, but I think the 7500AIW is probably the best deal in video capture right now. I'm just hoping that one drops a little more.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Mercutio said:
No Razorjack? Well, is there a "sack full of Full-Height Micropolis drives" at least?
Noooooooooooooooooooooo! :eek:
Anything but not this... I beg you. Show Mercy Mercutio! :blue:

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I have the full version now...is anyone up for some fragging somewhere tonight?

C

Mercutio

Evidently, Tea doesn't share my fantasies of continuing to find new uses for hunks of iron-oxide formerly manufactured by Micropolis. That's a damn shame. ;)

Sol

Storage is cool
Spent the weekend at a LAN where much UT2K3 was played...
Just connected to the server and I'm getting pings of about 300+, not too bad against the bots but against a far less predictable human... well I'll have a go but I could get owned...