Unreal Touranament 2003

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
SteveC said:
There's a 3 meg patch available that fixes a few a the problems in the demo.
What problems? Anyway I'm downloading it...

Eh guys, are we creating that server to kill each other? What about tomorrow morning GMT? I don't have problems waking up at 6-7 AM if it is to kick Mercutio's butt hard with a sack of... plasma grenades! :twistd:

SteveC

Storage is cool
From right at the top of the page:
Fix List:
- Fixed support for Voodoo3 / Matrox G400.
- Fixed initial framerate hitches in network play.
- Fixed the jittery screen updates in the server browser when sorting by ping.
- Fixed a possible DoS attack in the server code.
- Fixed a few other minor potential crashes.

Steve

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
I know I know... anyway, already installed it.

What about the "appointment"? :roll:

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I will kick the ass of anyone who dares enter a server with me!

:evil:

Consider yourself CLOCKED!

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Clocker said:
That would be amazing for signature C., have you ever considered it? :wink:

One thing I love about UT ('99 and 2003) are the killing reportings... Let me show you one we'll see much too often...
"Clocker's cranium is a little more crispy by Wizard's lightning..."
:boom:

SteveC

Storage is cool
Clocker said:

Well, I'm ready to get my ass kicked. :wink: I was playing games less and less, then Madden 2003 came out a few weeks, and now this. Oh well, who needs sleep anyway!

Steve

Handruin

Administrator
Clocker said:

Speak up, I can't hear you while you're fragged on the floor! :mrgrn:

I'll start up a server in a little bit. Does anyone know how to connect to an IP address yet? Best I've found is to find the server name in the list, but that is a PITA. I'll let everyone know when it's running and then you guys can let me know if the speed suck or not.

I'm uploading the UT patch on my other web site so people here don't have problems DL'ing it.

Visit http://www.franticdownstream.com/files/ut2003/ for the patch.

Handruin

Administrator
Well I got a server running, look for a death match named "handruin UT 2003 server". Prof. and I just duked it out for a few minutes, but unfortunately his ping was very high.

I'd like to get a game going some time if people are interested.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
The server Handruin created was named Handruin UT 2003.

We shred the first blood handruin and meself. 8)
It was a cool pure battle, let alone this uninvited bot named "Rampage"... :lol:

The lag was high but I also had Kazaa and ICS running. Jeez, I can't wait the moment everybody is in.

What about creating a forum named UT2003?

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Well I just got my ass handed to me by Wraith. :mrgrn: Draygan was present as well. My skillz are sadly lacking. Things have certainly changed since the days of Doom2. UXGA was far too sloppy on this laptop, had to drop down to 800*600 to get it smooth. Touchpad gaming is tricky lol.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Feel free to try

Clocker's SF UT 2003 Server

C

Handruin

Administrator
Clocker in action: :mrgrn:

It was a fun night of gaming, I hope we can do it again!

clocker.jpg

SteveC

Storage is cool
Nice picture. :D The server ran great, no lag at all. Do you like capture the flag?

Steve

SteveC

Storage is cool
Oh, and I said I would be an easy kill, and I lived up to my claim. :( It's still a lot of fun.

Steve

Handruin

Administrator
Prof.Wizard said:
The server Handruin created was named Handruin UT 2003.

We shred the first blood handruin and meself. 8)
It was a cool pure battle, let alone this uninvited bot named "Rampage"... :lol:

The lag was high but I also had Kazaa and ICS running. Jeez, I can't wait the moment everybody is in.

What about creating a forum named UT2003?

I can create a forum at www.handruin.com so that we don't litter SF with UT2003 stuff. It's a thought... I can do whatever.

Handruin

Administrator
SteveC said:
Nice picture. :D The server ran great, no lag at all. Do you like capture the flag?

Steve

I like capture the flag. We would need a few more people though. We could also try a CTF team game were we go against bots...

I had a blast, lets try it again some time.

SteveC

Storage is cool
Doug,
For capture the flag, I think you have to set the minimum amount of players to 4. I was just on there, and it was just me and 2 bots because the minimum is currently 3. That way you won't get unbalanced teams.
I probably be on there later tonight if anyone else is going to be.

Steve

Handruin

Administrator
SteveC said:
Doug,
For capture the flag, I think you have to set the minimum amount of players to 4. I was just on there, and it was just me and 2 bots because the minimum is currently 3. That way you won't get unbalanced teams.
I probably be on there later tonight if anyone else is going to be.

Steve

Good point. I set the minimum to 4. originally it wasn't a CTF game, so I set it to 3 figuring that if one perons showed up, the teams would be even, but I didn't realize one of the three bots would get kicked to have a total of 3 people. ;)

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Tannin is extremely bored. Tannin opened this thread! He didn't actually read it - there are limits to these things after all - but he did click on it. I'm banning him from the computer for the weekend. I think he needs to get in touch with reality. (Whatever that is.)

Handruin

Administrator
UT2003 has gone gold:

Just before 5AM Eastern Standard Time this morning we shipped the release version of Unreal Tournament 2003 to manufacturing. It should be in production later today and in stores before the end of the month. We want to thank everyone on the forum for all of the valuable feedback. In the week since we shipped the demo we worked pretty much non-stop to squash a lot of bugs and incorporate some of the great feedback we got from players all around the world.

Read it over here

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Handruin said:
UT2003 has gone gold:
This phrase in the computer industry doesn't mean the same as in the discographic one, right?
Gone gold in the first one means RTM, instead gone gold in the second to sell 1000000 copies... yep?

SteveC

Storage is cool
You're right about going gold in the computer industry. In music, a gold record in the U.S. is for selling 500,000 copies, and a platinum record is for 1,000,000 copies. The level a record has to reach to become gold or platinum varies by country.

Steve

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
How did it come to be? Gone gold for computer software releases?!

Is the source CD golden?! :p

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I think it is referred to gold, because the master CD for duplication is a gold CD. The original recordable CDs were gold and cost a bunch back in the day.

I wonder if it is available for download yet???

Does anyone know if it will require a CD key for online play or will it be similar to UT where anyone could play online?

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
timwhit said:
I think it is referred to gold, because the master CD for duplication is a gold CD. The original recordable CDs were gold and cost a bunch back in the day.

I wonder if it is available for download yet???

Does anyone know if it will require a CD key for online play or will it be similar to UT where anyone could play online?

Either way...I'm willing to pony up the cash to buy it.

C

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I guess the SF UT2003 server is no longer running? Bummer. :-(

C

Handruin

Administrator
Clocker said:
I guess the SF UT2003 server is no longer running? Bummer. :-(

C

I have to get my second machine so I can run it again. I find the game server gets laggy if I try to use it for other work while people are playing.

I can turn it back on tonight. :)

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'll check arount 10PM. If I see the server is up...I'll jump on for a while. Hope some fresh gibbs join me...

C

Handruin

Administrator
SteveC said:
According to EBGames, it's supposed to ship on October 1.

Steve

I might have to invest in a copy! If others will be playing, I'll go out and get it.

I've been monitoring my bandwidth with NetStatLive, has anyone used this free tool? It's nice, it has been keeping track of the total amount of data transfered. I'm going to keep using it so that I don't go over my limit with UT2003. :)

SteveC

Storage is cool
It's out! My sister dragged me to the mall today, so I checked out the Software, Etc. store and they had it. I'm going to install it after the Giants game.

Steve