Porsche 959

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
526 lb-ft of torque at 4,500-rpm. Recall, they relocated the catalysts for emissions purposes and gained an extra 25 lb-ft of torque. :)

Alas, the price tag is slightly out of my range.

Handruin

Administrator
Ah yes, I do recall, but I temporarily forgot that my copied number didn't include the difference. I promise, I read the whole thing, it was good reading. ;) I had no idea about the porsche 959 and the difficulties bringing it into the states.

Price tag is quite far out of my range...it would be a lot of fun to drive on the track though. ;) Smoke a few vipers, vette's, mustang's, F16's, SR71's.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Yes, it would be great fun to drive. I remember when it came out, the engine even uses Titanium alloy connecting rods! I saw it racing in the Dakar on television, what a beauty.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Porche has always been my favourite. I've always wanted to drive one. Now I know what I'll dream about tonight...

I remember reading a long time ago about someone famous in the US buying a Porche, and not being able to drive it due to the fact that it hadn't passed inspection. Can't remember who it was or what model it was though.

B4RSK

What is this storage?
JoJo -- you are quite possibly thinking of Bill Gates and the 959... It was in the media when it happened.

I used to be a big Porsche fan... But my previous boss drove a 911 Turbo, and was such an asshole that I have kind of lost interest in them now... :( With a wife + kid it isn't likely that I'll be buying anything like that soon anyway!! :lol:

I do love my current car though, even though it has roughly 1/2 the HP and torque of the 959. (260HP, 250ft/lbs torque). Also has 4 doors and a trunk, important things in my life. :)

Ian

B4RSK

What is this storage?
Howell -- Thank you! :) We are very happy with the new arrival.

I hear that the new Legacy GT (B4 RSK's replacement) will be available in the US/Canada, but not sure about Europe. If so, it will be strong competition for the Maxima as well as cars like the M3... Subaru did some amazing things to the engine, made the car slightly larger, but lowered the overall weight. I wonder if the B-spec will also get exported -- 18 inch wheels, lower, harder sports suspension, various other goodies.

The B4 is a lot of fun though!

One of these days I'll get some pictures up...

Ian

EdwardK

Learning Storage Performance
Hi Ian,

Welcome to the SF forums, and to add to what Howell said, Congratulations with your kid!

You are still not riding your bike through the mean streets of Osaka, are you? :wink:

Cheers,
Edward

B4RSK

What is this storage?
I still ride my bike, but the car gets a fair amount of use -- the novelty hasn't worn off yet! Haven't had a car in Japan before... Almost 9 years here now.

It is starting to cool down now though, so I hope to get more time on the bike! Heheh, I guess that means that instead of cursing the crazy cyclists from within my car, I will be cursing the crazy drivers from on the bike... :D "Where one stands on an issue is greatly influenced by where one sits."

As for family additions... Well, my daughter is nearly 4, so isn't really a new addition, but I guess I have never really discussed family here before. The car was the "new addition" that I was referring to! It's 3 years old, but new to me... Only 12,007km when I got it. A steal of a deal at US$13,300 + taxes + insurrance. US$16,600 inlcuding taxes and insurrance.

If anyone is interested in more specs: www.hobday.net/B4RSK The pics are not of my car... But it is closest to the silver one. One of these days I will get some pics up.

Ian