question OCZ Crapping Out

ddrueding

Fixture
Meh, previous management took too short-term a view and dug themselves a hole. Not the end of the world, or even the company. The stock analyst the article talked to still has OCZ as a "hold" and not a "sell", meaning he thinks they took a bigger hit than they deserve.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
It's a "hold" because of speculation that "the company may be an acquisition target". With cash-on-hand halving quarter on quarter despite the company "accessing its credit facilities", along with the 6 weeks needed to finalize the books, it may already be too late to sell anyway.

There may be a buyer out there ready to take on Intel, Samsung and Micron - not to mention 2nd tier players like Corsair, Kingston and SanDisk - but I have some doubts.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Is it odd that the first thing I thought was that it would be a natural fit with WD?

Before you dismiss that idea completely, OCZ's downfall in my opinion is customer service, which is absolutely the only thing WD does right. OCZ has craploads of (basically undeserved) goodwill in the consumer/enthusiast space and the high performance/low cost status of many of its products fits right in with many of WD's offerings.