Mobo and CPU upgrade

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I'm glad I could amuse ;) But seriously, for batch processing a bunch of happy-snaps, I use Canon's Digital Photo Professional. For complex jobs with detail work I use PS CS3, for HDR screwing about I use Photomatix, and for massive stitching jobs I use PTGui. Is Lightroom better at any of these tasks then what I'm using already? Is there some other task that it does that I'm not doing?

Stupid board crapped out and ate my post earlier. :mad:

I don't understand the value of LR either. From what I gather it is a software used for photographers to do everything in a workflow. I don't have all the fancy modern software and hardware everyone here has. ;) I just know about glass, camera bodies, and how to use PS and certain valuable plugins to make nice prints. In general it takes me about 30 minutes to 2 hours of work per simple image, and several times longer for a composite (stitched) image. Much of that time (other than occasional stitching) is human time, so the computer is only killing maybe 20% of the total time. Human time consists of retouching/cloning, multiple masks for local noise reduction, general and/or spot tone and color corrections, masks for add-ins, HL/SH, masks for dodging and burning, asymmetrical radial density correction, asymmetrical/offset lens corrections incl. POV, multiple/partial CA corrections, masks for general and local sharpening, etc.

ddrueding

Fixture
Wishing all this good stuff was in a thread with an appropriate name, sorry for 'jacking your thread, e_dawg. I'll be quoting Lunar back in the DSLR thread...

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
LOL... would you prefer I discuss stability and QuickTime, iTunes, or RealPlayer in the same paragraph? ;)

Haven't seen you on the boards in a while Liam (not that I have been active here either except for the camera threads)... how are you doing?

Ooohhh. You mentioned QT and real. Keep it up and you'll have Tony posting.

Not bad, it's good to see you back. I haven't been posting much lately either. I just don't seem to have enough time, nor much to say.