Kim Jong-il is dead

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Died from a heart attack if what I read is correct. I won't link the article where I saw this because it's in my weird foreign language, but I'm sure you can find the news yourself.

He was 69 years old. One of his sons, the youngest I think, is supposed to replace him. I don't know how it will affect their actions towards the rest of the world, but I don't expect much improvement.

ddrueding

Fixture
Considering how little progress they were making and how poorly his people have fared, it is hard to see how this isn't a Good Thing for the entire world.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
They started building the legend of Kim Jong Un (Une? Whatever) several years ago much as they did for Kim Jonh Il. I'm sure this won't result in any measurable change for the people there.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
The danger is if Junior decides to pull some stunts to impress his people that he's the boss. Playing with nookillear toys is not good.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
North Korea was part of the "axis of evil" that your former chimp president cited. So even if you have TVs, I guess that you never watch the news.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
North Korea was part of the "axis of evil" that your former chimp president cited. So even if you have TVs, I guess that you never watch the news.

I lived abroad during a good portion of the mid-80s to mid-90s and often did not have a TV or understand the language in the country that I was stationed.
In any case, Northern Korea would not have been relevant to me.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
The danger is if Junior decides to pull some stunts to impress his people that he's the boss. Playing with nookillear toys is not good.

Last I remember him flexing his muscles as a big daddy wannabe a South Korean island was shelled with 4 dead and a patrol boat sunk?