Assistance with language translations

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Hi everybody,

I would like to ask for some assistance from those SF members that speak another language, particularly to provide translation for one of the applications I'm writing.

In my part time, I've been developing gMTP ( http://gmtp.sourceforge.net ), which is a general purpose application to let users access their MP3 players, tablets and mobile phones that use the MTP protocol to communicate with a PC. (This includes tablets running Android 3+, as Android v3+ uses MTP as the primary protocol, instead of USB Mass Storage for connecting to PCs). gMTP runs on Solaris, FreeBSD and Linux...

At the moment I have translations for English, German, Italian and Danish, and basic templates created for French and Spanish via Google Translate.

Since I'm about release v1.3.0, I would like to broaden that number of languages that gMTP has support for, as well as get proper translations for French and Spanish.

So if you have an hour to spare and would like to help (and yes you do get credit for the translation work within the AUTHORS file), please PM me with your contact details, and what language(s) you would like to help with, and I'll email you a file to update. Alternatively, you can grab the latest source code for gMTP from sourceforge (in the main CVS repo), and the language files are there (Hellfire/gMTP/po/*.po)... and email me the updated *.po file...

Thanks for your time.

PS. To download the CVS version of gMTP, you can just run:
Code:
$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@gmtp.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gmtp checkout -P Hellfire/gMTP

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
If you can wait until the week-end, you'll have your French translation ready. I could do it right now if you absolutely need it for yesterday, but I'm already sleep deprived and I'll probably be for the next two days. Fb is visiting quite often since yesterday. I suppose he could give your a Swedish version.

I assume that CVS thing can only be done from a Linux box? I have one with Lubuntu on it so your command should work there.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Hi Coug,

I've sent you an email/PM.

Yes cvs should work from any Linux, FreeBSD or Solaris installation, and I would also note that gMTP is also available in the Ubuntu repositories so you should be able to install it easily enough in Lubuntu.

fb

Storage is cool
Fb is visiting quite often since yesterday. I suppose he could give your a Swedish version.
I'm visiting this site almost every day, but it's too time consuming for me to formulate something comprehensible, so I don't post very much.

Anyway, I've started on a se.po, but it'll most likely not be finished during 2011.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
I'm visiting this site almost every day, but it's too time consuming for me to formulate something comprehensible, so I don't post very much.

Anyway, I've started on a se.po, but it'll most likely not be finished during 2011.

Thank you, just PM me when you've completed it, and I'll get it included.