Xbox 360 stupidity

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
First there was the hype, and then I saw idiots camping out Tuesday night waiting for the stores to open. Finally, everything else paled by comparison when I checked eBay. $12,100 for a game console!? :eek: And I saw quite a few other auctions which closed in excess of $5,000. If this doesn't say something about our warped values nothing does. If someone has this much money to burn to pay a few dozen times retail on a totally unnecessary item they should write a check to a charity instead. It's not like this is the last Xbox which will ever be made. Once the hype dies down you probably won't be able to give these things away. Kind of reminds me of some idiot who had a garage full of Furbys a few years ago thinking he would make a killing. He ended up instead with over $10,000 of worthless clutter once the hype died. It made my day.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
What's an Xbox 360? And what's a furby?

(Don't bother typibg a reply, I probably won't bother reading the tread again anyway. Take it as read: I already agree that the entire world is populated by idiots and/or morons except for you and me, and I have my doubts about you sometimes.)

Typibg? Did I say that? Oh WTF? Close enough. The way I mutilate the keyboard, typibg is probably more accurate anyway. Tea is better at it than I am, and she uses her feet!

I think I'm going to give up being real and let her have a turn at it. She would probably be better at that too. At least she's not human: that ought to be a good start. I'm going to bed. Sleep: now there is something I am god at. Damn keyboard ... I mean GOOD at!

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
Food for thought
Tickle Me Elmo...
Cabbage Patch Kids...

Sometimes there is a christmas time madness that causes normally sane people to do insane things. I say if it isn't in stock just get the kid a gift card for the amount it costs so he can get it after christmas.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Tannin said:
(Don't bother typibg a reply, I probably won't bother reading the tread again anyway. Take it as read: I already agree that the entire world is populated by idiots and/or morons except for you and me, and I have my doubts about you sometimes.)

Bill Cosby?

Will Rickards said:
Food for thought
Tickle Me Elmo...
Cabbage Patch Kids...

Pet rocks--WTF? :eekers:
I saw a news snippet a couple of years back where Elmo spoke to some members of the U.S. Senate--reminded me of Nero (the Roman Emporer, not Germanic software!) and his horse.

sechs said:
Microsoft has people snowed again!

They keep doing it. P.T Barnum was right. Vista will be a success, and hardware vendors will bow down (bend over?) and worship Redmond for their salvation.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
The pet rocks were rather boring, being just an ordinary small stone. The kids tired of them quickly. I don't remember that anyone stood in long lines waiting for pet rocks either.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
I wownder how ling ot will be bfore the X-BOX 400. That shojudl be ever bertter. :D