WTB: Windows XP x64

Stereodude

Not really a
Now that you mention it... I have been meaning to buy a new system, but I might need a while to evaluate it.

Stereodude

Not really a
It looks like I was able to get an unused copy for $30 shipped through another forum. So, I should be all set.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Lucky you. I discovered that my last copy was a Newegg ripoff, so I don't have any. What did you find at retail?

Stereodude

Not really a
I don't think you can buy XP Pro x64 anymore though I did find a few hits via Google. There are also some on ebay, but I haven't a clue how legit those are. I think the only official way to buy it new now is via downgrade rights. However, paying for Windows 7 Pro only to install XP Pro x64 is kinda pricey.

FWIW, XP Pro x64 was never sold in a "Retail" config. It was only ever OEM.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Lucky you. I discovered that my last copy was a Newegg ripoff, so I don't have any. What did you find at retail?

If you contact Microsoft, they should give you the legitimate license you paid for. At least, that's what happened to a friend of mine and an ebay seller that was providing keys that couldn't be activated. MS ended up prosecuting the seller. Of course, that would entail giving them a lot of information about yourself. Probably not worth it for you.

Stereodude

Not really a
I have a used copy that I am no longer using (I moved to windows 7).
Does it being used cause issues with activation?
Well, supposedly OEM installs are tied to the motherboard and and aren't legally allowed to be used on another system. However, it's unclear how well MS's online activation system enforces their License Agreement. Or, how much success you might have activating by phone talking to someone if the online system fails.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
If you contact Microsoft, they should give you the legitimate license you paid for. At least, that's what happened to a friend of mine and an ebay seller that was providing keys that couldn't be activated. MS ended up prosecuting the seller. Of course, that would entail giving them a lot of information about yourself. Probably not worth it for you.

No, that's not what I meant.

O

onme12

I have got one, but which service pack are you looking for? I got these packages of windows XP service pack from online Microsoft website with comparably huge amount. They weren’t cheap. If you want I could sell it you at a decent price as you propose, before I sell to another guy.