Wireless Mic recommendations

ddrueding

Fixture
Looking for suggestions. Bought a Pyle system that is living up to its name. Base unit is on one room, antennas need to be relocated to another (10-foot extension on the antennas is enough). Ideally two mics, ideally less than $500, ideally doesn't require phantom power or a pre-amp.

Thanks!

Stereodude

Not really a
Maybe start here? You can look at the reviews and hopefully avoid another Pyle.

I'm not sure about your desire for relocatable antennas though.

iGary

Learning Storage Performance
I'm not sure about remote antensa either/. You need to comly with the FDC regulations. www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones

Any new equipment like this being sold during the past 4 or 5 years in the US market complies with recent FCC specifications.

Looking for suggestions...

I'm guessing you aren't looking for a "professional" solution, but one that just works (i.e. -- you are looking for UHF radios, but VHF). Well, you generally can't beat Nady on bang-for-the-buck quality and pricing.

How's this for $49?

dkw-duo-xlg.jpg

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/hand...o-dual-channel-vhf-handheld-microphone-system

Two handheld VHF mics and a 2-channel receiver for the price of a single system.

The Nady DKW-Duo is a dual channel VHF handheld mic system. The DKW-Duo makes a perfect entry-level system: all the advantages and freedom of wireless operation without cumbersome cords. Easy to use, simply plug in instead of your wired microphone. Excellent high fidelity audio, perfect for all speakers, karaoke/recreational singers, DJs, auctioneers, aerobic instructors, and many other consumer applications.

The Nady DKW-Duo features VHF (170-216MHz) operation for reliable, interference-free performance with 150+ feet typical operating range. Up to 300+ feet line-of-sight. With a dual receiver for versatile single or simultaneous dual transmitter operation.

Features

Receiver:
High-band VHF (170-216MHz) operation for interference-free performance
Advanced audio processing circuitry for a wide dynamic range (no overloading for loud inputs or background hiss during quiet use)
Complete controls and connections for easy operation
Special added circuitry to eliminate transmitter on/off pop noise
Handheld Microphone Transmitter:
Each transmitter operates on a separate single frequency in the VHF 170-216MHz band and can be used singly or together simultaneously with the DKW-DUO dual receiver.

Easy, convenient operation with on/off switch and low battery LED indicator which flashes once for unit "ON", and lights steady for low battery alert
Nady DM-20 unidirectional dynamic cartridge for optimum true sound, maximum feedback rejection, and minimal handling noise
Each transmitter operates up to 15 hours on a single 9V alkaline battery.