Uninstall Windows 7

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Hey Gang,
I had previously installed two copies of Windows 7 on my main PC as a form of "backup OS" that I no longer want to have around. My main OS is Windows 7 as well. Is there an easy way to delete these two versions, each of which is on a different hard drive (and my main OS is on another)?

ddrueding

Fixture
So three copies of Win7, one of which you want to keep? Just modify the Boot.ini and pull the other drives (don't wipe them yet, just in case, just pull them).

Adcadet

Storage Freak
I can adjust the boot menu, no problem. I just want to get rid of the folders Windows creates (Windows, users, programs, etc). I have other stuff on those drives that I want to keep and no convenient place to put it while I format the drive over. And I can't just delete the Windows folder as my current OS says I can't.

ddrueding

Fixture
Just confirm that your main build will boot with the other drives removed. Then boot into a Linux LiveCD and kill off the folders that you want.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Decided it was easier in the end to just move my 1+TB of data to another drive I cleaned out, format the disk, and move the stuff back. Took about 1.5 hours each way, and 3 hours total.