Thunderbird Gmail broken

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I have Thunderbird configured to connect to a Gmail account through IMAP. Everything has been fine for several weeks, but suddenly I get popup messages:

An error occurred during a connection to imap.googlemail.com:993.

Peer reports failure of signature verification or key exchange.

(Error code: ssl_error_decrypt_error_alert)

I can still access my various other IMAP email accounts without any problem. I can use IMAP + SSL on my phone to access that Gmail account, and the web interface also works fine. I tried changing the server name to gmail.com, but to no avail.

What's changed? Well, possibly Thunderbird. I see it has auto-updated to version 6. Can anyone else confirm that Tbird 6 still works with IMAP Gmail?

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I can confirm that it still works will Tbird 3; but people seem to be having troubles with 6.

Try turning off the XP firewall or making sure Fb is trusted.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Whoops, I forgot the other thing that's changed:

The connection to live.mozillamessaging.com has terminated unexpectedly. Some data may have been transferred.

Also, when I try to setup another Gmail account in Thunderbird, it fails while trying to lookup the Mozilla email configuration database.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks Howell, but disabling the firewall didn't make any difference.

It looks like an SSL problem, except for the fact that I can happily switch a different account to use SSL witout any drama.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
SOLVED

My copy of Thunderbird said version 6.0 and insisted there were no further updates, but I noticed that the website download version is 6.01. I disabled the poxy automatic update, downloaded 6.01 manually and ran the install, and everything now works again. Version reported is 6.01.

I'll be turning off automatic updates on Firefox as well - I always thought it was a bad idea, and now that they're releasing new versions with gay abandon, it's an even worse idea.