Success!

sedrosken

Florida Man
I just procured an ATi Radeon 9550 AGP for my AXP. Some research indicated that there are, in fact WDDM drivers for it! Dunno if I'm actually going to install 7 on it, but it's nice to know that I can if I want to.

sedrosken

Florida Man
... Okay, so I'm trying to install 7 Ultimate x86. It freezes after 1% of expanding. Thoughts? I remember for my laptop, setting up Home Premium was a chore because I had to unplug my mouse or else it would hang on Completing Installation.

So yeah, having that Radeon in there is pretty nifty. Dunno exactly how much VRAM it's got.

sedrosken

Florida Man
Also, I remember it installed okay when it was on the integrated GFX (despite not having proper drivers for it, a VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP). Should I take the card out and then try, and once it finishes (if it finishes) put it back in?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It shouldn't matter. 1% while expanding probably means bad media or a marginal DVD drive since at that point in the install Windows is running with more or less the same state as in safe mode.

When I was about your age I remember being super-excited to be the first one on the block to have 9600bps modem.

sedrosken

Florida Man
wonderful. looks like im making another ISO! that AXP doesnt have an optical drive, as it can boot from USB and I use isos and daemon tools for everything else.

tomorrow. I'm done kicking it around for tonight.