SpaceSniffer/SpaceMonger equivalent for Android?

ddrueding

Fixture
My 16GB S5 is pretty much full. I've moved everything it will let me to a 64GB SD card, but the number of apps that won't move or can't be uninstalled is most annoying. It also seems the author of the root technique was hired by Google to patch it?

What tools do you use to monitor/clean/maintain the storage on your phone?

Most successfull thing I've found so far was SD Maid, managed to dig another GB out of abandoned sys files.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I use a tool called Drives to visualize space utilization in combination with ES File Explorer to actually handle file management.
I also have a 128GB card in my phone and it's basically full, but that's because my response to having any amount of free disk space is to fill it with something. It's a sickness and I know it.

The issue you're facing is one of those reasons why people decide to root their phones.

ddrueding

Fixture
I'd love to root the S5, but can't find a method that works and smells legit. Not even that worried about bricking the phone as it would be a great excuse to get an LG G4.

Mercutio

The nice thing about most of the rooting tools is that they either work or they don't do anything. You're not trying to install a ROM, so it's unlikely that you're going to brick your phone. I'm toying with the idea of installing CM12 on my phone since it doesn't appear that it's going to get an Android 5 update that Sprint totally says I should have by now.

Mercutio