Sony 10X burner

Sol

Storage is cool
A Sony CRX145E
10X4XSomthing(32 I think)

Reasonable condition, blue, only a couple of years old, and I have to admit I bought it from Ron (But the box was sealed and the thing works).

Great burner for anyone who doesn't want to burn copy protected CDs, doesn't mind waiting 10 minutes and likes blue.

$60(AUD)+Shipping

Shipped free anywhere on the No2 or No10 Bus routes.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
$30 USD to get a 10x burner seems reasonable to me. How much would shipping be?

I know. Don't ask. But humor me.

Sol

Storage is cool
I'm not entirly sure how much a CD Burner weighs but assuming its about 750g-1kg then it should cost about $14AUD to post.
Of course if you wan't it this quater that would be $16AUD for airmail.

So add $7-8. If a burner weighs less than 750g then you can make that $5.50-6.25.

Sorry if its a bit vauge but at 11:30 who can be stuffed taking their PC apart to weigh a burner?

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
We have a system. I take them apart, Kristi puts them back together, and, whenever we are looking the other way, dives in and Tannin takes all the interesting bits home with him.

We have started calling him THE RAMBURGLER

Sol

Storage is cool
Pradeep said:
Ron from the back of the pub?
Not quite, Ron was, or perhaps still is although I've heard little from him lately, a well known Ballarat entity. The main reason being that Ron is what we like to call a dodgy bastard. For example Tony used to give boxes of broken, unreliable or otherwise unsaleable parts to the Soup Natzi I believe, who then on sold to Ron for public consumption (I could have this slightly wrong but the gist is the same if not the person in question).
The burner, however, was not in this category, and Ron as far as I know doesn't hang out behind pubs to any appreciable degree.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Ron was a legend.

Here in Ballarat, when computer dealers meet over an ale or two, talk turns inevitably to the bodgy and the dodgy, and that leads before too long to an exchange of tales about our dear Ron, each one of them more ridiculous and distasteful than the last, and most of them absolutely true.

The astonishing thing about Soup_Nazi's supply of unsalable components to Ron is not that he bought such a load of old trash - hey, anybody can make a mistake - but that a month or two later he eagerly bought more of the same, despite his experience with the first lot. Not even Ron could have not known that this second batch was going to be more stuff that didn't work properly, if at all, and only Ron would have bought it.

What did he do with it all? Why, he sold it at retail. And when it didn't work - well, that wasn't Ron's fault was it? The stupid customer must have broken it. Sorry, no warranty - there is something wrong with your motherboard. Bad sectors? You must have dropped the drive. It was perfect when it left this shop. Power supply delivers 0 Volts on the 12V rail? Well, there is plenty of voltage on the 5V rail, you must have overloaded it. Ron had a million excuses, every one of them different.Truly, he was the Arthur Daly of computing.