SATA cables

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I need SATA cables. Mostly data cables but also molex-to-SATA adapters. Monoprice.com seems to want $1.21 apiece for them, and that's only if I buy 50 at a time. I do want to buy 50 or more, but I don't particularly want to pay $1.21 apiece for them.

Anyone have scads of SATA cables sitting around they'd like to convert into some cash?

Mercutio

Hundreds.

My standard system installation uses three cables. Most motherboards these days come with one or two, and now I'm out of cables.

Mercutio

Nah. I'll find some someplace.

Ebay has bulk lots, but they're still insane, especially once shipping is factored in.

Stereodude

Not really a
You've got to be the first person I've ever seen complain that monoprice is too expensive. :eek3:

Handruin

Administrator
Is that something new for CAT6 or is it just a complaint that a 6" cable isn't available? I've ordered both 25' and 100' CAT 6 for good prices with no complaint of quality.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Sorry, but no. I threw away quite a few the most recent time I moved again. It used to be the case that the mounting rails were included with the retail drives.

Mercutio

For future reference, I'm more or less always interested in excess SATA cables. I managed to get 100 for $50 from an Ebay auction, but then I had to pay $15 for shipping and suddenly that didn't seem reasonable any more.