Remote control of Vista Home Premium

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm trying to set something up at a location remote from me. Turns out one of the target platforms is running Vista Home Premium. This is bad, because I need to install and configure stuff on it, but of course there is no Remote Desktop.

The hacks to make RDP work on Vista Home seem to be no longer available - does anyone have one?

Alternatively, which remote control software stack is the easiest to install remotely (assume users can launch an emailed attachment, and that's about it)?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Teamviewer will work really well but it's technically not free and the commercial version is kind of expensive.
You could also set up an UltraVNC 1 click Connect or the free version of Join.me.

Another option would be to configure Hamachi and run Remote Assistance through that.

ddrueding

Fixture
If this is a thing that you do occasionally, it might be worthwhile to look at paying for gotosupport.com. It is by Citrix and uses the same engine as GoToMyPC. You can send a link and then control their PC with very little work on their end. You can also set up a bunch of computers for unattended remote access in the future. This is the most useful tool I have.