OT: Apology to China

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Well now that DB has graced us with his presense all we are missing is the Japanese Lady who shoots scrambled eggs out of her ass to make this site an official Bar and Grille. :eek:

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Tea claims to be of indeterminate ancestory - it's kind of hard to tell under all that hair - but, to the best of her knowledge, is not Japanese. She most certainly does not do that ... er ... thing that Flagreen refers to.

And she's a little shy, doubt she'll speak for herself. (Was that a blush I glimpsed?) But, thankyou DB: perhaps a gin and tonic for her.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
flagreen said:
Well now that DB has graced us with his presense all we are missing is the Japanese Lady who shoots scrambled eggs out of her ass to make this site an official Bar and Grille. :eek:

Ahh Flagreen, I think you have mistaken that act with the Thai girls and the ping pong balls ........

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
They may have been ping pong balls when they went in, but they were definitely scrambled eggs coming out. Eww...... yuck.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
flagreen said:
They may have been ping pong balls when they went in, but they were definitely scrambled eggs coming out. Eww...... yuck.

That had to be one of the worst posts ever...

Don't ask me why I ever downloaded that video...

-Tim

HellDiver

Learning Storage Performance
Oh, yes, the AtC... "They tried to shoot it, they tried to drawn it..."

I'm getting the idea that this thread is going to catch some cold on our funerals! ;)

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Just for you, Helldiver.

E-4942.jpg

And '59 was a very good year.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
My older brother was born in '59.

Who was the jerk that suggested Guiness as good beer? I started a pint the other day but I wasn't happy about finishing it.

Handruin

Administrator
timwhit said:
flagreen said:

That had to be one of the worst posts ever...

Don't ask me why I ever downloaded that video...

-Tim

Don't ask me either...that was nasty as can be! There was no describing them eggs. :eek:

yesnomaybe

What is this storage?
Cliptin said:
Who was the jerk that suggested Guiness as good beer? I started a pint the other day but I wasn't happy about finishing it.
Guiness does not travel well; the stuff you get in Ireland is vastly superior. Having said that, it is still largely an acquired taste.

HellDiver

Nice to see ya, Greg. Welcome aboard!

Tony :
Yeah, I've seen quite a few of those lately from Greg (on SR, anyway). I think Greg's going through some tough time. Personal problems, perhaps...

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Umm, guys, make sure you read the little bit of text in the post subject area of each post, Greg likes to use that and it can lead to confusion ;)

Good to see you Greg!

HellDiver

Oh! (Damn'! I'd never figure looking that way, I must admit!)

Maybe it's not the personal problems thing after all - it's simply the switch to phpBB2 affecting him - Jive didn't have "subj" field for every post, IIRC!

On the other hand... I don't remember Greg being so... short on words, so to speak... ;)

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Best of all worlds

Nice to see you all, and nice to have a place where the forum members can continue.

Glad to see you all here. Great time for a change for me.

gs

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Did you catch the Shane Mosley fight on HBO this past weekend?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
No, How was it?

I guess this guy has had Mosley's number since Olympic trials?

What happened?

Thanks

gs

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
He destroyed Mosley. Put him down in the second, then went on to thoroughly whip him through the rest of the rounds. It was not even close. Mosley lost a unanimous decision and his title. The Guy who won reminds me of Tommy Hearns. Tall and lankly with good power for his weight and plenty of speed. Did I see where Bernard Hopkins is going to fight Roy Jones? That ought to be good if it happens.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Roy Jones

Flagreen:
I saw only one of Roy Jones fights, a middleweight title fight.

The guy put on a fair to unimpressive show, winning by decision. He fought pretty much the entire fight with a jab, and hook same hand.

Turns out he broke, or injured the other hand in prefight, or during the first couple rounds.

THAT was incredibly impressive. Seriously scary.

I worked out next to Milton McCrory and Thomas Hearns in Kalakaua Gym. I think I hit way harder then McCrory, or, he may just have been taking it easy, at least that was my observation watching and hearing his punches, vs. mine.

Hearns was at least 175, more like 185 when I saw him. He was huge, and hit a ton. I talked to the old timers, and they said the only guy they can remember hitting as hard as Hearns was George Foreman. Foreman would lift the bag up, airborne, off the chains, when he threw upper cuts.

Frankly, Roy Jones maybe one of the greatest of all-time, with no one to fight.

gs

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Yeah it's a shame he can't get a fight. It could be such a great sport if it wasn't for promoters and other scum being involved. Of course no one wants to fight Jones anyway. I saw one of his attempts to move up the heavyweight division a while back which appeared too much of a stretch for him. He won but was unimpressive in doing so.

I'm impressed you got to work out with those guys. Need a manager? :D

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Greg is more at the retirement stage of his boxing career than at the beginning. Roberto Duran, who is about as old as Greg (50), retired for good last week and he was one of the oldest active boxers up to then.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Jazzed today

Roberto Duran was my idol. As a lightweight, champ for 8 years, 5 titles, kicked Leonards' ass. Just an incredible fighter. Take a punch, hit you super hard with both hands,
hands of stone...
As a lightweight, he was the best of all time.

Ray Arcel and Freddie Brown for managers, really the original dream team.

I use one of their techniques. You tie your feet together with rope, shoulder width apart, at the knees, or lower, and try to fight like that. It teaches you to keep your feet out of the bucket, and gives you more punching power, with both hands, on your combinations.

I thought Duran was the best of all time, until I saw a tape of Sugar Ray Robinson...
As Ali said, Ali was the greatest heavyweight of all time, but Sugar Ray Robinson, pound for pound was the greatest fighter of all time. Why? He had a whole bunch of guys, that if not for Ray Robinson, would have been the greatest of all time. Marcel Cerdan, Randy Turpin, Jake LaMotta,
Bobo Olson, that welterweight from the midwest that kicked ass, all of these guys were incredible. Most moved up and won the light heavy title, since they couldn't beat Ray at middleweight.
Plus, his record, 222-and 20 something losses will never be equaled, or approached.

Worked very well for me.

I also got my ass kicked by Dennis Alexio, the undefeated world heavyweight Karate champion, who is a better body puncher then Mike Tyson, and, if he ever fought Tyson, would give him a good fight. Mike has 10 pounds on Dennis.

Anyway, he was trying to hit me in the heart, and stop mine. I blocked one with my arm, but another I turned, and caught it on the end of one of my ribs, breaking off the tip.
Hurt for 4 months.

The upside is I spared him for days, usually 5 -10 rounds a day.
And, the reason he was mad is he put his head in the middle of a beautiful 7 punch combination.

since knee surgery, today was the first day I've felt really good on my legs. I went full court, as the only ref, for a 9th grade girls game, for about an hour and a 1/2, and was out running the girls on the break.

I'm jazzed.

Lately I have been practicing a bit of another martial art.

It mainly involves 45 caliber, and JEHH would enjoy it.

gs
:lol:

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Brain damage, and, nose damage

The other part of fighting is, after doing it for a long time, even though it doesn't look like it, the septium on my nose is whacked out of position, and needs to be moved back so I can sleep, and breath.

Temporary memory loss is another affect long term exposure to heavy punching by Dennis Alexio caused.

Too bad. I enjoyed beating up the Philipino pros in the gym, who were lighter then I was, and less experienced...

I guess I do have a bit of a mean streak...
gs

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Perspective:

Those guys I named, had records like 105-2 for Cerdan.
Lamotta was similar, but with something like 6 losses to Robinson.
Turpin likewise, and Bobo Olson, all, were awesome fighters.

Ray Robinson took on and beat, the best welters, and middles for 25 years.

gs