question old power supply compatibility

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm looking into getting an H61 Express mb and dropping it into a low profile case I already have. Has anything about the power supply specs changed in the last 5 years that would keep me from using a Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 with a CASETRONIC LPF-200CP 200 Watt Power Supply (20 wire connector + 4 wire connector)? I'm also having trouble determining the correct specs for the different parts that I can add up to see if 200W is up to this minor task.

Also, the spec sheet for the GA-H61N-USB3 indicates that "Some Intel® Core™ processors require a graphic card, please refer "CPU support List" for more information." and then the CPU Support List doesn't give any information one way or the other. Maybe it will be obvious to someone else if the answer is obviously yes or obviously no.

Is the H61 Express mb required for onboard video like I think it is, vs the straight-up H61?

ps. We still like Gigabyte, right?

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
LPF-200CP Spec. Does you PS have a 4 pin 12v power connector - The motherboard has a socket for it.
GA-H61N-USB3
CPU support list Clearly has a GPU Frequency column indicating a CPU with onboard video.

There really isn't a difference between H61 and an H61 express chipset. There is only an H61 chipset. Chipset differences

Given a choice, I'd go for a MB with both native SATA 3 and USB 3 and since you are buying now a Haswell CPU (1150 socket) rather than an older Ivy/Sandy bridge CPU socket that you chose. Gigabyte is a fine brand but make sure it is one of their ultra-durable MB's

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
PS. Also is your case a Mini-ATX or a Micro-ATX? I do not believe that they are interchangeable so you have to buy the MB size that matches the case size.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks for pointing out the GPU freqs, for some reason I read that as CPU. I do have the 4-pin connector on the PS. Are those required these days?

I'm building up a media box/NAS so I'm not too worried with staying on the cutting edge. Even going to Ivybridge is going to depend on power usage/heat/cost.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I'll have to check about the board size. The case is discontinued and difficult to get specs on. I'll probably end up taking physical measurements.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
You can tell Micro ATX by the 4 expansion slot covers at the back. These will almost certainly be perpendicular to the plane of the motherboard (just like a full ATX setup).

Mini-ITX, on the other hand, will have only 1 or 2 expansion slots, and they may be horizontal like the motherboard (for this you obviously need a riser card).

Unless your case is very old, it will most likely be a Mini-ITX with that PSU. Yes, you need the CPU 4-pin 12V connector. And unless you're going to add a dedicated graphics card, 200W ought to be plenty.