Microsoft and Gator - Saving User Data

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Windows (along with IE) has the same ability as Gator to store passwords, and other information. I would like to know, how, under Windows XP Pro and IE6, can you delete the user data that it stores for such items? For example, I can double-click the login field for this site, and a menu opens up with all of my login names - I would like to eliminate this stored information. Thanks for your help.

SteveC

Storage is cool
In IE, go to Tools->Internet Options->Content. Click on "Auto Complete" and uncheck everything. Also click on "Clear Forms" and "Clear Passwords". After that, it shouldn't save the info any more.

Steve

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
But there's another place where these informations are saved and cannot be deleted unless you format your partition. index.dat

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
i wasn't sure what everyone was talking about... I just went to the folder where IE temps wre stored and deleted index.dat.. no fuss no muss...

then I tried to do it on another computer and was baffled that it was so hard....

I think i was able to delete it so easily because I did not store IE temps in the default folder.. i had them in the windows temp folder which was on its own hdd with the swap file...