Logitech MX1000 & Firefox

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
This is more an FYI post than anything else. I ran across this issue and found the tech tip to fix it. I thought it might prove handy if anyone else upgrades to the MX1000.

By default, the forward & back buttons on the Logitech MX1000 "laser" mouse don't work in Firefox. They don't do anything wrong; they just don't do anything at all.

To fix, use the Logitech SetPoint utility. Select each button & for the function choose Other and then select Generic Button.

Also, you'll definitely want to download the latest drivers as the ones it ships with have a couple of minor bugs.

I just picked up the mouse today ($55 -$10 gift card from OfficeMax). Definitely some improvements over the MX700 it's replacing. The battery guage & off switch should help maximize battery life. They added the tilting wheel. Tracking seems very smooth so far. Ergonomically, it feels slightly better in my hand than the MX700 did, although the groove for the thumb seems a little narrow.

As long as the software glitches can be worked out, this is overall a good update to an already excellent mouse lineup.