I'm getting married in October.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
You sly dog! Busy cultivating romance while the rest of us are fixated on buying Audi S4s.

Congratulations, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Best wishes to you both for a happy life together.

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
Let me divert the thread for a second and check in on how mubs is doing with the power outages over there? Generator set for backup?

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Random wedding fact :

I often tell men who get merried that they'll lose half their worth when they'll put the ring on. Odly enough, Facebook's CEO, something Zukerberg IIRC, married on the day of his IPO or the next and since then, Facebook's shares have almost drop to half the price they were initially. So my saying is almost right in his case.

I'll wait five years before congratulating Howell. That's about the time it'll take before we know if it was a bad move or not.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Whoa, considering I've been to two of my own, it's certainly rare to not have been to at least one. IIRC. I've been to about 10 weddings in the past 10 years.

My relatives tend to do the courthouse thing. One of my cousins was married for two or three years before anyone noticed she had started wearing a ring. My other friends are mostly gay chicks or internet people who don't get married.

Facebook lost money because it's built on a scam and it's fundamentals are crummy even by internet stock standards. And there have been reports of late that even a lot of its basic billing is fraudulent. Which is hilarious.

Handruin

Administrator
There is a good chance I may be using the month of October to get married also. We're still working out the rest of the details, but it looks like October may be the month. :)

Handruin

Administrator
9CYBi.jpg

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Let me divert the thread for a second and check in on how mubs is doing with the power outages over there? Generator set for backup?
DB, thanks for checking. I live in the southeast, and there was nary a blip over here; the southern grid wasn't affected at all.

The folks that run this country excel at being incompetent and self-centered. It's amazing that the private sector gets to accomplish as much as it does despite the inept government.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
There is a good chance I may be using the month of October to get married also. We're still working out the rest of the details, but it looks like October may be the month. :)

Congratulations, Handy. Be sure to hold out for registration at Newegg and Microcenter. :D

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Yeah we had to push it to October because of everything happening in September including two weddings we are attending.

Anyway congrats!

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
A few, quick facts. 50% of marriages end in divorce. What is TN law?
Go down to your local court house. Introduce yourself to the judges that do divorces. Take them out for drinks. Decide if you want that person, or persons, to have total control over your life for the REST of your life, or at least the length TN gives
jurisdiction.
We have some REALLY f... scary bitch judges that favor women in Martinez, our local court. My GF interned for a woman that has been kicked off the bench 2-3 times as a divorce commissioner, now back on the bench. Who kicked her off? Her fellow judges.
Why? She invents f... law, and screws men in divorces who don't have resources to fight her.
She is now a full fledged divorce judge. The only way I'll get married is to move out of the county.
I interned in a program that was designed to help such men, with either no money, no brains, or horrible bitches for spouses. I wonder if that's a self-picture?
The funds are gone for the program, so if you don't have income, you are Jossannas' bitch, for life...
I dodged the bullet on two marriages. Marry illegals that aren't in the deportation status, and you will generally have a good divorce. They get citizenship, you get laid, maybe, and the system continues to function.

Handruin

Administrator
You sound bitter. Based on many other comments by you it sounds like you chase a playboy lifestyle. I have no issue or judgement with that, but it can come with more complications in terms of lasting marriages. Marrying illegals as a compromise for an easy divorce is ridiculous. How about you actually spend time getting to know your partner and really answer the tough questions regarding if you can be happy with him or her for the rest of your life. If not, don't get married and please don't have kids.

Regarding your quick fact, your number appears to be wrong.
http://unitedfamiliesinternational....“fifty-percent-of-marriages-end-in-divorce-”/
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/marriage_divorce_tables.htm
http://www.census.gov/prod/2011pubs/p70-125.pdf
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/d/divorce.htm

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Congrats. We are going on 14 years this September!