Having problems posting

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
I just had a problem posting to a thread "July 22nd Intel Price drop". The symptom is that when I posted the specific message, the forum would go into a please wait state for a long time (Till I got tired of waiting). I tried piecing the message out (using edit repeatedly) and was able to post everything but one sentance that refused to post even if I put periods after every letter.

ddrueding

Fixture
I had the same problem last night posting in the "More Vista" thread. I found that using the "Advanced" editor worked, but when using the quick editor caused the same error Mark is describing. This also happened when doing an edit (until I used the "Advanced" page to edit).

Handruin

Administrator
I'm still puzzled with the posting problem you guys reported. Are you seeing this consistently?

There might be something on this new server causing the problems. I'm close to the point in my personal life where I can move out of my house and move on. Once that is complete I will begin working on a more-permanent (possibly colocation, etc) location for SF. I know it's a pain right now, but we had to move servers regardless.

ddrueding

Fixture
Consistent? No, that would be too easy ;)

It has happened to me 3-5 times out of the last ~30 posts. I'm not all that worried about it.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm wondering if this new system has more "reserved" words that it won't allow us to post in threads. That could be why it's inconsistent, or it could just be unreliable (which isn't too hard to conceive).

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
I'm wondering if this new system has more "reserved" words that it won't allow us to post in threads. That could be why it's inconsistent, or it could just be unreliable (which isn't too hard to conceive).

I don't think that is the problem. When I had problem, I was able to post everyting but one sentence, within the 5 minutes allowed for (repeaded)edits. However, with that one sentance, I actually put a period between every letter so there were no reserved words and it still wouldn't post ...

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
I couldn't Quick Reply this to the Something Random thread: "Ouch." The posting issue always seems to be with Quick Reply; Go Advanced has always worked for me.

And I couldn't Quick Reply the above.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm not sure what's going on with that. Let me search around vbulletin to see if others are having similar issues.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I also have had this problem a few times. I normally use the advanced editor to post, but I see it maybe every fourth time I use the quick reply.