question Harman Kardon AVR 3600-Z

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I have never purchased Harman Kardon components before, but this product is on sale as a refurbished item for $300.00. Is it worth it? Sale ends today. My current receiver is a 1998 Technics, all analogue, with Prologic II (great sound).
Harman Kardon AVR 3600-Z

Thanks

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Inexpensive modern AV receivers tend to be kinda crummy from a reliability standpoint. Everything is inexpensive and built around the HDMI ports, which should in theory provide the highest possible fidelity for digital audio. Unfortunately, dying HDMI ports also seems to be endemic to low-end HDMI-based receivers, at least from the usual consumer suspects like Onkyo, Pioneer, Yamaha et al. Features-wise, it's absolutely worth $300 to get another one as long as you're aware that the new guys don't seem to be as reliable as older ones were.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I plan on using it for my existing 5.1 speaker setup. I do plan on using the HDMI capabilities. I may use the HDMI ports for trying different broadcasting solutions (e.g. Roku, Chromecast, etc.).

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I passed on the purchase. My receiver works just fine (go ProLogicII!!!), while the Harman Kardon AVR 3600-Z seems to have some reliability issues. Thanks for the feedback.