Happy Holidays (2013)

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Just like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and hope you enjoy a safe and pleasant holiday period.

For all others who also celebrate other events at this time I also wish a:

• Happy Hanukkah
  • Io, Saturnalia!
  • Happy and Joyful Kwanzaa
  • Happy Constitution Day

PS. Apologies if I missed a holiday you celebrate.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I'm drinking my coffee, half-awake on the morning of the 24th when I read this. Is it Christmas already down under?

time

Storage? I am Storage!
It has been for the last hour for more than half the country.

Several percent more joined half an hour ago, and about 22% are joining right now.

No snow, just heat waves (although we've escaped them in this State so far).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I just can't find anyone who is filled weigh the joy of this Kwanzaa season.

Knoxville must be more of a Tet kind of town.

ddrueding

Fixture
All I care about is that 49 days from now I can go back to normal for another 306 days. In this Dec-Feb window is:

Wedding anniversary, Christmas, Father-in-law's Birthday, New Year's, Wife's Birthday, Sister's Birthday, Mother-in-law's birthday, Valentine's Day. Pretty much every other week. At least the kid had the good sense to hold out until mid-April.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
It seems that way with us also. We have Thanksgiving, my birthday (November 30), Christmas, New Year's, mom's birthday (January 20), brother's birthday (January 29), Valentine's Day (for those of us with a SO anyway). When dad was alive his birthday was October 2, which was close to everything else. My sister's birthday is March 30. Basically everything is crammed into less than half the year, other than my parent's wedding anniversary (June 10 but moot now since dad is gone) and my niece's birthday (July 12).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Thanksgiving, my birthday (12-10), my cousin's three kids (born 1 year apart on 12-24, 12-25 and 12-26 - late March must be an anniversary or something) plus nominal Xmas - NYE, my father, two uncles, one aunt all have birthdays in the first two weeks of January. The first week of February I have three close friends with birthdays, THEN Vday and then another two friends with birthdays in the third week in February. I wind up at some kind of party or observance every other week for a couple months.

And then absolutely nothing until May and after that nothing until August.

paugie

Storage is cool
hello, good morning. i am posting from a coin-operated PC and all the kids here are playing some sort of shoot up game with "Fire in the Hole" being shouted out every now and then.
the new year celebration was quick. the fireworks audibly went down only 25 minutes after midnight. When I was young, it usually died down about 3:00am. People don't spend as much now on fireworks.
wishing everyone a prosperous new year.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Same question as Mercutio and happy new year. If you can only post from a coin-operated computer, I assume you've been hit harder than I thought you would.

paugie

Storage is cool
Thanks for the concern, guys. But I'm good. The killer typhoon passed around 00 kms south of where I live. Just so happened I had to initialize my kobo-glo and register from my home and my internet there doesn't work. So I did it from the shop. and the internet was slow. It took me an hour to download the setup file (130mb something). I passed the time waiting for the download to finish surfing.
Now, I'm at work (oops) and internet is all right.