FREE OLD CASES

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
The small one has a S754 M/B in it. The medium one has a Socket-A M/B. The big Fong Kai FK-320 is empty but has a custom hammered metal paintjob. .. All the opticals in them area IDE.

Going out to the curb this Friday AM for garbage pickup.

Also have a matched pair of Kingston 512MB DDR400 sticks. An ATI Radeon 9600 128MB AGP, an Athlon XP 2400+ CPU and a Samsung 80GB PATA SP0802N HDD. All free if you come get em.

Of course, you'd have to be in the metro detroit area already to be remotely interested in this.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I think only Stereodude is close enough of you to be interested in picking them up. IMO, the Enligh case is garbage, but the other two can still be used to put modern parts into them as their case fan provide acceptable airflow.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Yeah, just Stereo I assume. Looks like trash time.

C

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I don't care what they're saying but I got rid of to VCRs and an old stereo very quickly on them.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'll just put it up in the free section of craigslist before trash day. Someone might come pick it up from the curb at least for the scrap metal...

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
If you put it on the curb, be sure to put a price on it. If you label as free, it will be there forever.
With a price on it, it will disappear overnight.

Handruin

Administrator
That sounds like a win/win. If someone feels honest and wants to pay you...you may make some cash on the deal!

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
It's amazing the people that will show up when you put crap in the CL free section. Usually within a couple hours. I bet these will be gone by the AM but I won't put a price on them. If I just say there's a varitey of working computer parts inside them, an interested party will probably take them all so they can sift through the parts. They are worth more to me gone. ;)

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
LOL! They were gone within 10min of me putting them out there! Didn't even have time to finish the CL ad.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm sure that's why it was taken. Every week the collectors drive down our street to see what gems of ferrous material they can pickup. For a while, even street signs were disappearing throughout the sub. Replaced with fiberglass versions now.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Hmmm...how much is scap steel going for?

An electronics recycling program started in my area last year. I've met the guy who runs it a couple times. They employ homeless guys and parolees to strip everything they're given to components and then resell anything they possibly can before disposing of what they can't.

Anyway, that guy told me that they came within a couple thousand dollars of breaking even in their first year despite the fact that they have annual expenses in the mid six figures.

I was kind of shocked by that.