Finially living up to my name again

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Well, I've finially gotten back to my roots.

The spare machine downstars has an unlocked Duron 850 running at 960/120fsb. Unfortunately, the mobo does not have voltage adjustment.

I'm overclocking my dual Athlon XP Rig. Yay! Using a program called CPUFSB, I was able to jack the FSB on my TigerMPX from 133mhz up to 144mhz. SO, now I'm running my dual 1700+ cpus at 1900+ speed. I must say, I'm really happy with the capabilities of this TigerMPX 2466-4M mobo!

Fold fold fold!! Unfortunately, a reboot is required to set the fsb to the higher speed so I can't jack the speed up after F@H has already benchmarked my system and started running.

p1.gif

p2.gif

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Just incase any of you are wondering.....YES, I DID SPELLFinally WRONG.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've got an unlocked Duron 700 that I can get to 1.1GHz on clock changes alone. It's stable enough that it'll run all the way through a Windows 98 installation, too. I was never quite sure what to do with the silly thing, so it's just sitting in a box of parts. Nowadays even 1.1GHz seems a little wimpy...

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Fold fold fold. C'mon! What do you mean you don't know what to do with it!

C

Mercutio

If folding didn't make my PCs crash I might give y'all a couple. But it does. My best guess is that F@H doesn't like something related to my funny networking configuration.

That is a sweet setup you have there, though.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Mercutio said:
If folding didn't make my PCs crash I might give y'all a couple. But it does. My best guess is that F@H doesn't like something related to my funny networking configuration.

That is a sweet setup you have there, though.

Why such woes with Folding@Home? What type of network do you have setup that would cause a crash?

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Well... it's a two-faced coin:

1st: about MY mediocre crunching capabilities
or
2nd: about YOUR unprecedented crunching zeal

Mercutio

My network:

External box for dialup access, mail filter and preliminary firewalling. Dialup is by multilink 14.4kpbs internet connection (and before you ask, that's on external USR Courier 56k modems and$40 gold-plated serial cables, connected to an 8-port serial router with custom-length cat5e phone cables I made myself, each only 10 inches long).
Internal firewall (OpenBSD/HPPA) + mail + web proxy + DNS serving.
Cisco Catalyst 5005. Three VLANs configured, many of my other PCs are multihomed on more than one of those VLANs.
Everything else - one or more connections to the big switch.

I think maybe I have something misconfigured somewhere so that F@H doesn't get something it needs to work. But then, I can download a WU, which suggests that things work OK.

I dunno. It's confusing and annoying

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Internal firewalls, external firewalls... are you some kind of hypochondriac, Mercutio?

Why don't you ask PeeWee about his majestic security with Norton Personal Firewall (big :( here)...

PS. Nice system you set up there. Unfortunately, it's too complex to find out (by just reading it) where F@h creates you the problem.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Once you get a protein and start to crunch it, I don't think you talk to the outside unless you have a finished protien who's results have not been sent. I definatly think it's machine related.

Have you tried connecting this machine to the DMZ to be sure?

Mercutio

That's kind of a PITA, since the machines are wired by a crossover connection.

I'll see what I can do.

alpha754293

What is this storage?
I can't get the Folding thingy to work at all. Also, can you post a link to the CPUFSB program? It has trouble getting the packet.

Mercutio

De-Militarized Zone. An area between two secured perimeters. The most famous I'm aware of is between North and South Korea.

In computer security, a DMZ is the network between two firewalls.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Mercutio said:
In computer security, a DMZ is the network between two firewalls.
Ah, I see. Geek jargon again... :D

And why all that security? (you forgot to place a minefield and attack dogs)
Isn't a single firewall enough?

Mercutio

Like I want some hacker playing around with my (limited) bandwidth.
Really, it's just practice for a "real" setup.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Cliptin said:
Clocker said:
I'm overclocking my dual Athlon XP Rig!

How big/what PS does this board require, assuming minimal graphics card and drives?

What kind of Power Supply can I use on the Tiger MPX?

Tyan recommends ATX 12V power supplies. However, for your convenience, we have added an "auxiliary drive power connector" on the motherboard so that you can also use a standard ATX 2.01 or 2.03 power supply. This can be used for a system with a low to moderate power consumption. To ensure trouble free operation you need a power supply with a minimum 10A on the +12V output & 30A on +5V. Make sure that you do not plug any other drives into the auxiliary drive power connector that is plugged into the motherboard. If your system draws a lot of power, Tyan strongly suggests using an ATX 12V power supply.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Returning to the title of your thread, it looks like you really are living up to your name, Clocker! Your Folding score speaks for itself. Congratulations on your accession to the number 2 spot!