CD Copying for Vista

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Any recommended apps? While I can drag data files to a CD via Explorer or burn music to a CD with WMP, I'd like a straight-up disc copier. For instance, I've an audio CD that also has some data tracks (music videos). Neither of the above ways seems to work for that.

OSS v. buy doesn't matter. If the product is good I don't mind paying something reasonable.

I looked at the reviews & forums at CDFreaks and didn't see anything definitive. Most of the recent content revolves around ripping DVDs to a hard drive. While I'm interested in that (eventually), today's goal is simply to copy a CD and I don't want to revert to my old PC to do it. The old PC gets moved to the basement this weekend.

The NTI suite looks good but is a tad pricey.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'm still a big fan of Nero. Nero 7 is kind of bloated, but the basic apps (Nero, Express, ImageDrive, Recode, Vision, and the Wave Editor) are pretty spiffy.

I pair Nero with AnyDVD to handle my DVD copying needs.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm still a big fan of Nero. Nero 7 is kind of bloated, but the basic apps (Nero, Express, ImageDrive, Recode, Vision, and the Wave Editor) are pretty spiffy.

I pair Nero with AnyDVD to handle my DVD copying needs.

Same here.

Bozo :joker:

Handruin

Administrator
I will also agree with the Nero recommendations. Nero has a demo you can try if you look on their main page.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Nero rules. The cheaper versions come with a lot of retail burners too.

RWIndiana

Learning Storage Performance
I'm a really big fan of k3b. Perhaps it will be ported to Windows one day.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Nero 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced is at Fry's for $20 after rebate so I'll pick it up tomorrow. It'd be free if I had a product to upgrade from.

Thanks.

Handruin

Administrator
It could be free depending on how honest you like to be. Google knows how to locate said serial numbers if you want an extended trial.